Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small issues that add up to daily annoyances

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I absolutely can't stand that the audio starts playing every time I open a door. Even if you pause the system (since there's no Off button..?!?), it just plays again. So yeah, little spurts of music or audiobook as we open and close doors while loading or unloading the car. Yes, it seems trivial, but it is soooooo annoying. I've even taken to sometimes just pulling out my phone every time I open a door just to pause the music. Ugh!! At least the climate control system will stay off if I tell it to.
+1

I do. And then I go open the rear door to get something out, and it starts playing again. Or the next time I am getting ready to go for a drive. Or just go out to get something I left. It doesn't matter, it just starts again every time a damn door is opened.

OMG - my nemesis is trying to listen to something on bluetooth headphones from my phone when I'm washing / cleaning the car. It's an exercise in insanity as it starts/stops constantly. I end up disconnecting bluetooth from the car but then it will reconnect eventually if I open/close enough doors.

There is no way to turn off the backlight completely on the center console display.

Why do I need this large light emitting display in my cabin?

It would be so simple to push an onscreen button to turn it off, and then tap the screen to turn it back on.

I absolutely can't stand that the audio starts playing every time I open a door. Even if you pause the system (since there's no Off button..?!?), it just plays again. So yeah, little spurts of music or audiobook as we open and close doors while loading or unloading the car. Yes, it seems trivial, but it is soooooo annoying. I've even taken to sometimes just pulling out my phone every time I open a door just to pause the music. Ugh!! At least the climate control system will stay off if I tell it to.

I have even resorted to unlinking Bluetooth when getting in and out of my car frequently, rather than miss half of the jokes in my podcast. Plus the audio levels are so different between the phone linked media and the radio that I get blasted if I don't remember to dial it way down when switching to radio. Yes, it is a minor annoyance and we are all special snowflakes... but it can be embarrassing when a ICE car driver rides with you and your audio system sucks so hard.