Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was the I leave and year model ?

2016 pre-facelift P90D w/ ludicrous and every option except rear-facing seats. 5k miles.

edit. Also, the monthly price includes tax, but our state tax is 3% on cars, so that's another reason the payments are a bit lower. But then we get hit with a ~1% property tax on cars every year, so in a few years it evens out and exceeds most other state's sales tax.

2016 pre-facelift P90D w/ ludicrous and every option except rear-facing seats. 5k miles.

edit. Also, the monthly price includes tax, but our state tax is 3% on cars, so that's another reason the payments are a bit lower. But then we get hit with a ~1% property tax on cars every year, so in a few years it evens out and exceeds most other state's sales tax.

Best deal thus far!!

I'm happy that everyone is obtaining great lease deals for the P90DL, but I'm wondering - how do you put only 10,000 to 15,000 miles on the car in a given year? Do you also drive a 2nd vehicle? My commute is 5 miles each way, but I've somehow managed to drive 1,800 miles in one month of ownership! As a matter of fact, I wish I could drive more; I love this vehicle--nay, I love this technological marvel! ;)

I'm happy that everyone is obtaining great lease deals for the P90DL, but I'm wondering - how do you put only 10,000 to 15,000 miles on the car in a given year? Do you also drive a 2nd vehicle? My commute is 5 miles each way, but I've somehow managed to drive 1,800 miles in one month of ownership! As a matter of fact, I wish I could drive more; I love this vehicle--nay, I love this technological marvel! ;)

I don't know. I guess I don't drive much? My 2004 SRT4 has 30k miles on it after 11 years. I've put 8000 miles on my Roadster in 1.5 years.

Also, I bike to work. Why do I now own 3 cars? :)

Have all the good deals dried up at this point? The website is showing the cheapest P90Ds at about $1350/mo, unless I'm looking in the wrong spot or these posted good deals are "off website" or whatever. Any updates from those still looking out there?

I had a deal but i really don't want the red and we passed on one Sat. It was $854 for 12k miles with $6,000 down with $8,017 due at signing. It has everything but rear facing seats. P90DL. I was asked not to mention it until after it went, sorry. The down payment is also just a big pill to swallow for a two year lease but kicking myself a bit at this point.

I don't need the car right now so I have an OA looking out. I also expect once the AP 2.0 announcement and the possible fact that the P100DL might have the hardware we will see CPO P90DLs start to flow in. I really just want to see the final Model 3 but more and more I think the Model S is going to be smarter due to each item being an add-on. I figure even a 2 year lease I'd rather have a color I like and not a fan of red/black also doesn't help I am a Georgia Tech alumni ... someone will get that

Have all the good deals dried up at this point? The website is showing the cheapest P90Ds at about $1350/mo, unless I'm looking in the wrong spot or these posted good deals are "off website" or whatever. Any updates from those still looking out there?

These are posted on the internal Tesla inventory and go VERY fast. I know the OA I spoke to said he has seen most go in 30-45 min after posting and has even had items go while he was getting ready to reserve. You can't be picky on things like color if you want the best deal, that is the reason I am telling myself for me passing up on one.

These are posted on the internal Tesla inventory and go VERY fast. I know the OA I spoke to said he has seen most go in 30-45 min after posting and has even had items go while he was getting ready to reserve. You can't be picky on things like color if you want the best deal, that is the reason I am telling myself for me passing up on one.
Can't say I'm surprised they are going fast. Seems like they are all in red, no? I'd love to upgrade my new 90D but I'm guessing I'll be edged out by all the fast movers on this board!

Can't say I'm surprised they are going fast. Seems like they are all in red, no? I'd love to upgrade my new 90D but I'm guessing I'll be edged out by all the fast movers on this board!
Most are in red because that is what Tesla made for the P90DL it seems for most showroom test drive cars. I liked the original signature red, I just don't really want to own this red even for a lease. Unless the deal was like $500-600 for a P90DL then I wouldn't care. I know it is only 2 years and leasing is likely better with the way Tesla upgrades their cars.

I picked up my 2016 P90DL on Saturday thanks to this thread (and SoCal Jimmy!). It's fantastic.
Congratulations Marc on the great catch! Now, when are we going to see it back here in Alaska? And what color combo did you get?

PS: It was great hosting another Tesla owner here last month....although I'm betting you were even more surprised than were we :)

This is a pet peeve of mine, but stating the monthly cost of a lease without mentioning the money due up front/down payment along side is a bit misleading.

Like the lease deal mentioned in OP's thread, it was $700/month....after almost $8k money due at signing. Still likely a super good deal on a P90D, but not a $700/month lease, more like $1k/month.

I see this done on forums of all kinds. "I got a screaming lease for only $39/month! Oh, I did pay $5k down, but still, $39/month! Wahoo!!".

Anyways OP, enjoy the P90D. Might not have been a "Ludricrous" deal, but still "Insane". :)

This would be a valid point if you were dealing with a car sold through the traditional dealer where they will often fiddle with the down payment to offer crazy lease deals but with Tesla it's assumed that everyone is putting down at least a certain amount and generally those that didn't, clearly disclosed it. All things equal, for the same downpayment, $700 versus $1400 is half off. If that's not an amazing deal I'm not sure what would be.

Reactions: hmmm and SD_Engnr
I'm just going to throw this out there for anyone that's interested. My car is on it's way to LA. It's a 2015 white P85D with insane mode, fully optioned otherwise with the exception of the 21" wheels. My down payment is $8000, transportation fee is $1500 and monthly lease payment with 9% tax is $735. I have about 10k in equity in my S85 that I'm rolling into the deal which is how I'm justifying it.

That said, I have an early build 2013. That means a slower supercharging A pack battery, no auto-pilot, no parking sensors, no folding mirrors, etc. I really want Auto-Pilot and I really want a faster charging battery than my A pack but I don't need the speed of a P85D. This was merely a crime of opportunity for me.

That said, if anyone has an S85 or better car (85D, 90D) with AP and they're looking to get out of that car for one of these lease deals AND you can live with a crappy P85D instead of a P90D, shoot me an email. I can be talked out of my car if the numbers make sense. Maybe I buy yours and you assume my lease or I can even talk to Tesla and perhaps have it transferred to you before I even take delivery. Given what I want to spend on an outright purchase this would likely only work on a 2014 P85 or S85 but like I said, I'm open to listen.

I'm not expecting anyone to bite on this but if you're dead set on getting one of these cars and you have something that might work for me, I'm all ears. I'd prefer to own as I pile on the miles but the lease deal is so cheap that even with the mileage penalty it was a no-brainer.

Some news: working with the finance team, they were able to reduce my down payment to $3k. The monthly payment went up, but the total stayed about the same. $90 more total over the life of the lease.

How far from delivery are you? I got an email from the lease people a week ago, replied with some questions and haven't heard anything back. One of my questions specifically was about reducing the cap cost reduction up front.