Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was invited to drive the P3D and was pleased, as I was looking at M3 Comp Packs or Used CTS-Vs as options. Now? The handling and usable acceleration of the P3D have won me over. Plus, the interior feels better made than my pre-facelift S. And the aftermarket is stepping up with things I like, such as the T-Sportsline seat upgrades, MountainPass coilovers, etc, so It's much more the kind of car I'm interested in when my lease us up in 9 months.

I liked my P90D better than my P3D for two reasons:
- air suspension soooo much smoother
- Model S much less road noise; mildly less wind noise

The things that make it a toss up are price, warranty, size, ap 2.5 vs 1.0, etc.

At the right price I would take the P90D.

That being said, I had an 85D loaner that lacked air suspension (and power) - and I would take the P3D over that car 100% of the time.

Reactions: Don TLR
I liked my P90D better than my P3D for two reasons:
- air suspension soooo much smoother
- Model S much less road noise; mildly less wind noise

The things that make it a toss up are price, warranty, size, ap 2.5 vs 1.0, etc.

At the right price I would take the P90D.

That being said, I had an 85D loaner that lacked air suspension (and power) - and I would take the P3D over that car 100% of the time.

Warranty is the same... CPO gets the same warranty as new, it seems.

The tax credit makes a big difference. My P90D is $6k more than the equivalent P3D.

After a few weeks, it looks like my car sold for $71,300. That's a really nice deal. Less than half of the original price of $142,700 for a car that is only 2 years old with 28k miles and was in perfect condition. But the tax credit on the Model 3 performance tips the scales in its favor, it's over $6k cheaper.

I probably should have thought more about the insurance being less on the Model S then our Model 3.... I don't know why that is, but State Farm has raised our rates dramatically on the 3 vs the S.

What tipped the scales was seeing the track mode on the Model 3 beat everything around the track, including a P100D. Hopefully it lives up to be as exciting in real life!

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid
I think for the same or certainly lower price I would take the p3d....ap 2.5 is now consistently better than my ap1 was... Interior (except for noise) is nicer... Power is less but still adequate... Range is better... But definitely a close call

I believe I just put a deposit on your old car ( 5YJSA1V44FF100488) anything I should know looks to be very clean. Thanks in advance

Justin

Yes you did! We have been tracking her progress. You are getting a hell of a deal, we really thought about buying her back.

She is coated with CQ Quartz, not the pro stuff. We had an issue with the AC blower touching the frame and making lots of noise but Tesla fixed that. I am happy to chat with you about her entire service history as well. Everything was rectified quickly.

Yes you did! We have been tracking her progress. You are getting a hell of a deal, we really thought about buying her back.

She is coated with CQ Quartz, not the pro stuff. We had an issue with the AC blower touching the frame and making lots of noise but Tesla fixed that. I am happy to chat with you about her entire service history as well. Everything was rectified quickly.

Excellent not sure how we chat on here but would love to hear more im located in Fort Lauderdale. Shoot me a text if you wouldn’t mind don’t want to fill this post with it all. Curious what version battery they installed when you got the car and if you were getting full power out of it.

Thanks
Justin
860-961-9040