Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only answering for myself here, but sometimes threads feel like discussion, and sometimes they feel like "something else". The "something else" threads usually start with what amounts to some claim or other, and, either directly or indirectly "discuss".

I personally am all for open dialog and discussion, but am not very much for "<insert statement, Discuss>" threads.
My bad. That clown told me to go buy a Toyota after I questioned what Tesla was doing with the 8x margin, because it definitely isn't going to the consumer.

And TSLA stock price plummeting..

Indeed it's all the way down to... *checks notes* up 779.16% over the last 5 years and up 13,774.22% since IPO.

Granted those # were larger a few months ago :)

But I'm curious how are you gonna blame Elon for the fact Meta, Microsoft, Amazon and Google are also all down between 30-70% over the last year too?

It's almost like the WHOLE MARKET is down a bunch and there's Tesla has just moved with it or something.

And TSLA stock price plummeting..
You're correct! And critical thinking skills, which SOOO many people lack, allowed me to look that up and find that the entire market is dropping.

Ford (YTD) down 39%
GM (YTD) down 38%
Tesla (YTD) down 55%

Why is Tesla down 16% more than the US auto industry? Looks like Elon sold several billion dollars worth of stock to finance the Twitter purchase, as mentioned above. What does that do to a stock price? Flooding the market with that many shares caused the price of the shares to drop. But that can't account for the entire 16%, can it? Nope, also mentioned above, media articles are saying that Elon is spreading himself too thin between Tesla, SpaceX, and now Twitter, which is causing "panic" selling of Tesla, with a significant over-correction. WSJ analysts are showing 21 saying "BUY", 12 saying "HOLD", and 3 saying "SELL". That's a pretty strong buy recommendation.

Then we can get into the global supply chain problems, China's strict COVID lockdowns affecting the Shanghai factory, rapidly rising interest rates affecting auto loans, inflationary pressure on pricing, and the public seriously worried about a recession and altering their spending habits, and you can see why auto stocks are dropping rapidly.

So, the comment "And TSLA stock price plummeting" without any context, and without critical thinking skills by the readers, leads people to think that Tesla is doomed. Spoiler Alert - it's not.

I'm starting to wonder if 2101's day job is writing headlines for media outlets. 😄

Unfortunately for Tesla there is only a small percentage who get geeked out by Munro or his technical specs. No different than ICE enthusiast vs non enthusiast.

Just here in California the amount of Ionic,EV6 and Mach-E’s are increasing on a monthly basis.

Death of Tesla? No, but they aren’t the only game in town and again, those osh kosh interiors and stale exterior designs need updates….. oh and an instrument cluster behind the steering wheel

Where do you think I live you dimwit?

There is no where for those cars to go but up. They are still a drop in the bucket compared to Teslas.

2017 - when I moved into my neighborhood (50 homes) there were 2 Teslas (mine and someone else's), and no other EVs. Same neighborhood now, there are 27 Teslas, over 30 homes have installed powerwalls, and there is one eTron (he doesn't like it, says the software sucks), and one Ioniq5 (he likes the price of it, but wishes he got a Tesla)

And AGAIN I go back to what I said - go get some FIRST HAND experience driving all these cars. Be objective, and you will come back to Tesla for your purchase.

Tesla is currently 70-80% of the EV market, which is only 2% of auto sales. I'm PERFECTLY fine with Tesla being only 20% of the EV market, when that is 100% of auto sales.

And no - I'm not a Tesla fanboi - I've had some serious complaints about their service, but it is getting better.

Where do you think I live you dimwit?

There is no where for those cars to go but up. They are still a drop in the bucket compared to Teslas.

2017 - when I moved into my neighborhood (50 homes) there were 2 Teslas (mine and someone else's), and no other EVs. Same neighborhood now, there are 27 Teslas, over 30 homes have installed powerwalls, and there is one eTron (he doesn't like it, says the software sucks), and one Ioniq5 (he likes the price of it, but wishes he got a Tesla)

And AGAIN I go back to what I said - go get some FIRST HAND experience driving all these cars. Be objective, and you will come back to Tesla for your purchase.

Tesla is currently 70-80% of the EV market, which is only 2% of auto sales. I'm PERFECTLY fine with Tesla being only 20% of the EV market, when that is 100% of auto sales.

And no - I'm not a Tesla fanboi - I've had some serious complaints about their service, but it is getting better.

Uh oh here come the insults…….🙄

But “I’m not a Tesla fanboi…” 🤣

Get a grip, Tesla owns the EV world, nothing can stop it….. 🤣

You didn't read the ArsTechnica article at all, did you? 18 actual collisions, and a further 27 simulated crashes that "would have occurred if the safety drivers hadn't intervened."
I read the actual multi-page report and its NOT saying what you are trying to imply.
Sure "18 actual collisions" but notice you didn't mention that every one of those was the other driver's fault.
Here's one just to paint you a visual picture.

"further 27 simulated crashes" Notice how you made it seem like these are all accidents that Waymo caused. Yet the report is literally saying the complete opposite.

• You make it sound like the Waymo car is going the opposite direction and the safety driver grabs the wheel and there would have been a head on crash if they didn't as we have seen with Tesla FSD.
  • You make it sound like the Waymo car is making a left turn and mistimed the traffic coming and the safety driver had to take over to prevent from being T-bone, as we have seen with Tesla FSD.
  • You make it sound like the Waymo car is barreling at very high speed straight into a stationary object, car, barrier, wall, metal, and the safety driver yanks the wheel and there would had been a crash as we have seen with Tesla FSD.

Even the article lets you how Waymo is defining "collisions":

"A pedestrian walked into the side of a stationary Waymo vehicle at 2.7 miles per hour (4.3km/h). "​

If this was Tesla and news articles were written "Tesla FSD crashes into a pedestrian". You will be among the main ones screaming "FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD" and how the media are writing negative articles about Tesla. Yet here you are weaponizing this very incident

"Two simulated crashes involved a bike and a skate boarder rolling into the sides of stationary Waymo vehicles at speeds of 2.2 and 5.9 miles per hour, respectively."​

Likewise if this was Tesla and news articles were written "Tesla FSD crashes into a cyclist and person on scooter".
You will be among the main ones screaming "FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD" and how the media are writing negative articles about Tesla.
Yet here you are weaponizing this very incident

I could go on and on...

How could a safety driver possibly intervene in a sideswipe like you've illustrated? A safety driver wouldn't see a vehicle approaching it directly from the side, and certainly wouldn't have time to intervene.
LMFAO what? This has happened to me like 50 times. Where someone tries to lane change into me and i swerve away and Honk and scream at them.
Haha you can't be serious right now...

This accident, just like with Waymo, was a sideswipe with enough time to intervene.
Again this accident was NOTHING like what Waymo described in ANY way.

The fact that you would bring Waymo into this situation (in this particular way) immediately makes me amazed at how emotionally invested you are in a company/person/software.

When the Cruise accident happened, notice how no one said "But Tesla has accidents too". People simply analyzed the accident. But somehow you feel so slighted that you painting a Waymo's safety document in an incorrect light, a type of document that TESLA will NEVER release. NEVER!

All to justify how great Tesla is. Lesson you should take from this is, next time someone posts a safety disengagement don't have an immediate reaction of "that's not even close to a safety disengagement." Because if the driver of this car was alert, not tired and adequately took over. If I had posted the video here. You would be the first to reply how "that's not even close to being a safety disengagement" and how the driver "over-reacted".

Last edited:
Yah, I'm sure you are right.

That 150K 500 mile getting Tesla Semi will come out right along with that $39K Cybertruck in 2021.

Thanks for the insight.

When will you people figure out that it's not the engineers spouting out this stuff, it's PT Barnum/ Musk? Never I'll presume.
It seems your location is correct in your profile “space” at least your head is, what planet? Uranus

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Again this accident was NOTHING like what Waymo described in ANY way.

The fact that you would bring Waymo into this situation (in this particular way) immediately makes me amazed at how emotionally invested you are in a company/person/software.

When the Cruise accident happened, notice how no one said "But Tesla has accidents too". People simply analyzed the accident. But somehow you feel so slighted that you painting a Waymo's safety document in an incorrect light, a type of document that TESLA will NEVER release. NEVER!

You need to seriously calm down. It's just a web forum about a car company. No need to try and shout at strangers over the Internet in all caps.

When you come into this thread with negativity, I'm going to respond negatively to you. It's as simple as that.

A Model Y was delivered Saturday to my driveway. I tried to open the car door and the delivery person said ‘you need to accept the car before you can unlock it’. I said, ‘ how do I know if I want the car if I can’t even open it?’ She said, if you don’t like it ’let us know and we will come back and pick it up as long as you put less than 100 miles on it’. Then she grabbed my phone, and accepted delivery (apparently) and jumped in a waiting Uber. I don’t want the car! I have not driven it. Tesla says it’s mine. I have not signed the registration or title. HELP!
Get a lawyer. Also, make better decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.