Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's quite literally what hyperbole means. You're one step from writing click bait titles for money. Congratulations.
False. The statement is true based on how people feel about the price cuts. The statement is false based on his assertion that Tesla literally broke laws. My statement said that people feel like tesla broke laws. It wasn’t hyperbole at all.

False. The statement is true based on how people feel about the price cuts. The statement is false based on his assertion that Tesla literally broke laws. My statement said that people feel like tesla broke laws. It wasn’t hyperbole at all.

Your exact words leave no room for nuance:

What he did was criminal in the eyes of everyone who already bought...

Your exact statement says that in the eyes of everyone (another bold choice of words for someone not using hyperbole) who already bought he's a criminal.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if you even know what the word "hyperbole" means.

question-31842991.jpeg

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Your exact words leave no room for nuance:

Your exact statement says that in the eyes of everyone (another bold choice of words for someone not using hyperbole) who already bought he's a criminal.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if you even know what the word "hyperbole" means.

question-31842991.jpeg
Your not even arguing my argument correctly. Your so wrong you definitely don’t know what your talking about.

So you feel betrayed -- others have said the same. So the question is, how would you have done it? Drop the price gradually? How gradually? Won't that stop people from buying, wanting to know when the price dropping is complete? Yes, part of this change is to qualify for the government's price caps. Would you have not done that, kept the price up above the caps? Gradually decreased it until it got there?
More like butthurt.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
You realize that the Model 3 has...err...special wheels that contact the curb before the tire's sidewalls do, unlike every other car I've driven? In every other car, you had to hit the curb REALLY hard to damage the wheels. In the Model 3? Just touching the curb at 0.1 mph will damage them. Expecting a human driver to be perfect every time is just stupid especially when it costs $160 to repair the damage each time from a minor mistake.

The fact that you're making excuses for being a terrible driver with no visual awareness 🤣 🤣

A rim doesn't curb itself. Get better at driving and stop curbplaining.

Reactions: dbldwn02
But, hey, Twitterific was launched only 16 years ago, so I guess Elon didn't think it was any big deal to destroy it with no warning.

Who?

The fact that you're making excuses for being a terrible driver with no visual awareness 🤣 🤣

A rim doesn't curb itself. Get better at driving and stop curbplaining.

1. Why don't you just tell me to bow down to perfect drivers like you who never make mistakes instead? Oh wait, cars don't just spontaneously get rear ended. And even though it's not legally your fault if you get rear ended, you can often avoid it by paying attention to what's going on behind you and either honking your horn to tell the guy behind you that he was being a dumbass, quickly moving out of the way if there was space to do so, or moving out of your traffic lane prior to traffic in that lane suddenly slowing (the most dangerous spot on a freeway is in the lane whose traffic is backed up the farthest).

2. Did you tell your father the same thing? It sounds like the ladder wasn't moving. Why didn't you share your secrets of how to be a perfect driver with him before you let him drive your car?

Of course if you were more mature, you'd understand that foregiveness in design is a good principle for engineers to follow. It's the realization that most humans do make mistakes from time to time and it seeks to make products that (1) Reduce the chances of errors occurring and (2) Minimizes the negative consequences of human errors when they do occur. In short, designing for forgiveness is about preventing or minimizing the consequences of errors. And it's something that Tesla's wheel designers suck at. My car's wheels have never been curbed a second time since the first incident, but that's because my wife and I are super careful when parking along curbs now. But just take a look at most Teslas in parking lots that are more than 3-6 months old and you'll quickly see that this is a design foregiveness problem. My previous car and my wife's previous car both had zero curb markings on the wheels because those wheels were designed for foregiveness and what happened with the Model 3 wasn't anything that hadn't happened many times with our previous cars. The only thing that changed was the design of the wheels. I'd like to give the designers of these wheels some special cell phones whose displays are designed to spontaneously shatter if they're dropped onto a surface from a height of more than 2 inches. If they complain, I'd just tell them well, you're not supposed to drop your phone! Maybe they'll get my point after that happens, because they've done the automotive equivalent of a phone display that shatters when dropped from 2" high.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: DrChaos and Utumno
What’s the alternative? Selective culling?
Eugenics is a very slippery path and hasn’t gone well for those who tried to implement it.
and in the contest of who brings up Eugenics first.... we have a winner! and to absolutely no one's surprise... it's that good natured rascal from Tejas! let's tell him what he's won, Johnny! well... our favorite troll gets a lifelong supply of s3xy shorts to wear as he admires his posterior-based intellect in front of his full length mental mirror! congratulations to all the other contestants who just couldn't bring themselves to introduce Eugenics as part of a conversation. such restraint!

Status
Not open for further replies.