Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your "bet" is wrong, and Tesla should NEVER return to using the flesh of animals for anything.

Perhaps if you were more aware of the reasons Tesla stopped using animal parts you would not have posted this item, especially given the sample size of your data set. Leather DIRECTLY conflicts with the reason Tesla exists in the first place:

And, I suspect you have never questioned the assumptions that your parents raised you with? Thus, I recommend you also watch this video:

Your a dick. You don’t even know me. Don’t pass judgement on folks you don’t know.

Your "bet" is wrong, and Tesla should NEVER return to using the flesh of animals for anything.

Perhaps if you were more aware of the reasons Tesla stopped using animal parts you would not have posted this item, especially given the sample size of your data set. Leather DIRECTLY conflicts with the reason Tesla exists in the first place:

And, I suspect you have never questioned the assumptions that your parents raised you with? Thus, I recommend you also watch this video:

Why is this web site so full of folks that love to lecture and berate others?

Your post is full of assumptions and accusations, based on no knowledge of me, my level of education or my upbringing.

As a matter of fact, i own two EVs, and have owned an electric car for over ten years. I also have PV panels on my home and generate 100% of the energy required to heat/cool and power my home. My brother has a PhD from MIT in Environmental Engineering and is a college Professor. Me; I’m just a retired army officer and professional firefighter.

Don’t let your gullible political leanings lead you to believe that Tesla is on a crusade to save the world. Sure they want to limit environmental impact, but I suspect the desire to use fake leather also is motivated to increase their profit margin more than to protect and limit the use of the flesh of an animal.

Nothing comes for free; to include fake leather. It takes petrochemicals to make that fake leather. It also, like most things made artificially, will never break down naturally and therefore will end up in some land fill; like styrofoam cups, plastic drink bottles and probably a good deal of the clothing you wear. Our planet is being buried in “man made” waste products; almost all of them using petrochemicals with significant CO2 discharge (along with other noxious chemicals) during their manufacturing.

Please refrain from lecturing folks you don’t know. And please don’t pass judgement on me, or my family.

Last edited:
Why is this web site so full of folks that love to lecture and berate others?

Your post is full of assumptions and accusations, based on no knowledge of me, my level of education or my upbringing.

Don’t let your gullible political leanings lead you to believe that Tesla is on a crusade to save the world. Sure they want to limit environmental impact, but I suspect the desire to use fake leather also is motivated to increase their profit margin more than to protect and limit the use of the flesh of an animal.

Nothing comes for free; to include fake leather. It takes petrochemicals to make that fake leather. It also, like most things made artificially, will never break down naturally and therefore will end up in some land fill; like styrofoam cups, plastic drink bottles and probably a good deal of the clothing you wear.

Please refrain from lecturing folks you don’t know. And please don’t pass judgement on me, or my family.
Wow, posting factual links seems to have hit a nerve.

Recommend accepting the information offered and not take it as "lecturing;" it's a bad look.

Refute facts with facts, if you have any that refute what has been presented.

Otherwise, deflection is just another logical fallacy, one of the options that may apply here?

See:

tu quoque​

You avoided having to engage with criticism by turning it back on the accuser - you answered criticism with criticism.​

Pronounced too-kwo-kweh. Literally translating as 'you too' this fallacy is also known as the appeal to hypocrisy. It is commonly employed as an effective red herring because it takes the heat off someone having to defend their argument, and instead shifts the focus back on to the person making the criticism.

Example: Nicole identified that Hannah had committed a logical fallacy, but instead of addressing the substance of her claim, Hannah accused Nicole of committing a fallacy earlier on in the conversation.

Thank you.

The only correlation between details and EDD is order date from what I saw based on everyone's past posts for the new refresh MX. Ordering today will not get you anything earlier than Jan/Feb in terms of an assigned EDD on the website. The real EDD probably won't get updated until late this month or early next month if we're lucky.

But here are my details:
Order Date: 01/27/21
Long Range
6-Seat Option
White
Black Interior
21" Wheels
No FSD (I'm not retarded again. Learned my lesson).

Estimated Delivery Month: September

The only correlation between details and EDD is order date from what I saw based on everyone's past posts for the new refresh MX. Ordering today will not get you anything earlier than Jan/Feb in terms of an assigned EDD on the website. The real EDD probably won't get updated until late this month or early next month if we're lucky.

But here are my details:
Order Date: 01/27/21
Long Range
6-Seat Option
White
Black Interior
21" Wheels
No FSD (I'm not retarded again. Learned my lesson).

Estimated Delivery Month: September
Hey, hey... Saying it's retarded to buy FSD is not very nice. Let's try and keep it clean in here please. Maybe FSD wasn't what you expected, but there's no need to demean those that want it. I'm a tech nerd and have no problem paying 10k for the future, even if it doesn't happen overnight.

Hey, hey... Saying it's retarded to buy FSD is not very nice. Let's try and keep it clean in here please. Maybe FSD wasn't what you expected, but there's no need to demean those that want it. I'm a tech nerd and have no problem paying 10k for the future, even if it doesn't happen overnight.
It's stupid for me to have paid for a service I will never get to use. So yes, that's retarded. Your situation may differ, but not for me.

Every single item thats manufacturered has some subset of items that have issues. Its disappointing for that person, for sure, but me personally, I am always surprised that people think that spending XXX dollars on something means that it will never have an issue. manufacturing things simply doesnt work that way.

People have 1million dollar cars that have issues, and people have cars that are worth almost nothing that have never had an issue. Spending X doesnt guarantee anything.

Voice your disappointment, sure, but the "Its too bad a car that cost XX has an issue" thing is... not sure what verb I want to use for it.
Would the word you want be "ignorant", "stupid", or "uneducated"? I was going to say "dumb" but that would reflect of the many speech impaired people out there. And it looks like it might be an adjective.

I found them to be orders of magnitude worse than any contractor I have ever dealt with.

So much so that I cancelled my Solar install and two vehicle reservations. YMMV.

your thoughts and position on tesla has been fairly well established here, among the various subforums.

Does that make my point or experiences not valid? Should I stop posting because it offends you that I don’t worship the company when they treat their customers like trash?

Or did you just feel the need to comment and flex your mod hat?

You sure read a lot into my statement, which is simply the truth. You have been VERY clear about your stance, was my only statement. I dont even understand how you could disagree with that. If I was "flexing my mod hat" I wouldnt have to post anything about it.

Reactions: T-Mom
You sure read a lot into my statement, which is simply the truth. You have been VERY clear about your stance, was my only statement. I dont even understand how you could disagree with that. If I was "flexing my mod hat" I wouldnt have to post anything about it.
You didn’t answer my question. Are my opinions and experiences not valid?

Do you feel like they shouldn’t be posted? Not sure why you felt the need to chime in with an attempt to discredit my experience rather than, you know, adding something to the conversation.

• Disagree
You didn’t answer my question. Are my opinions and experiences not valid?

Do you feel like they shouldn’t be posted? Not sure why you felt the need to chime in with an attempt to discredit my experience rather than, you know, adding something to the conversation.

Who said I discredited your post? It is 100% fact that you visit multiple subforums here on TMC, and ensure that you tell everyone how bad you believe tesla is at basically everything. You are very clear about them, all over TMC. Anyone who visits more than one subforum here will see that. If I thought you shouldnt be posting them, I would "flex my mod hat" as you stated and do something about it.

You are not breaking any forum rules. I do personally wonder why someone as upset as a company as you appear to be still visits websites based on that company, but you certainly are not the only person to do that. Feel free to continue on. This is a rhetorical question btw, I certainly am not looking for an answer to this question.

Who said I discredited your post? It is 100% fact that you visit multiple subforums here on TMC, and ensure that you tell everyone how bad you believe tesla is at basically everything. You are very clear about them, all over TMC. Anyone who visits more than one subforum here will see that. If I thought you shouldnt be posting them, I would "flex my mod hat" as you stated and do something about it.

You are not breaking any forum rules. I do personally wonder why someone as upset as a company as you appear to be still visits websites based on that company, but you certainly are not the only person to do that. Feel free to continue on. This is a rhetorical question btw, I certainly am not looking for an answer to this question.
Here’s your answer to your “rhetorical” question. I am an owner, a shareholder, and a forum participant.
And just because I am, doesn’t mean the company gets a free pass when they treat current and prospective owners poorly.

There is a real “Tesla can do no wrong” attitude around here. I don’t subscribe to it.
They make excellent products but there are huge caveats to doing business with them. And I will continue to let my experiences be known to current and prospective buyers so they can make an informed decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I chose to remove a conversation I started that was off topic. My comment was not a personal attack, but a statement of behavior, however it was off topic, and caused an off topic conversation. I chose to remove both my own and your off topic posts for the sake of keeping this thread on topic.

if you go back and look at the thread, I did not remove "posts critical of tesla".

The posts you made with your opinion on this topic are still right here in this thread:
snowflake warning, warning warning Dr. Smith :)

On the flip side, if folks took the time to learn about their vehicles and actually do a little work on their own it would make this forum more efficient. With that said, I will move on and look at things that do not require hand holding. No response necessary. Good luck with your new car.

On the flip side, if folks took the time to learn about their vehicles and actually do a little work on their own it would make this forum more efficient. With that said, I will move on and look at things that do not require hand holding. No response necessary. Good luck with your new car.
Please move on. Thx for shopping.

I figured as such....not only do you not read the manual, you don't read the posts or responses. Not really shopping mind you but had some time to waste and I have your thread and posts to help me out. Thanks! Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.