Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is LL#2 real name Karen? I’m getting the older adult who shouldn’t have social media

Yeah I think transferring to a friend or family member would be fine. Heck, even to @flippingrich or @jbrowdy 😂. I think this is the kind of stuff Tesla is trying to stop. The guy has 3 Plaid reservations and is selling all three. Last one went for $4k. I’m not saying this is ok or not but I think this is what Tesla wouldn’t like.
Thank you kind person.

Nope Laura. Just trying to provide correct information to the people on this Forum who prefer correct information. Its in your reservation agreement. Not sure why 3 or 4 people feel the need to be so unkind. Why promote misinformation on the forum and antoginise others.

Nope Laura. Just trying to provide correct information to the people on this Forum who prefer correct information. Its in your reservation agreement. Not sure why 3 or 4 people feel the need to be so unkind. Why promote misinformation on the forum and antoginise others.
I think it’s one of nuance. For example, if I buy the X under an existing separate agreement to resell it to a different person then it’s not a violation of the Tesla agreement (and possibly not might be under the First Sale doctrine). Maybe it’s a transfer-in-spirit-only but there are ways to accomplish the same objective.

And to all of us:
I find it much more healthy to not attribute malice to others. I’m not naively suggesting malice doesn’t exist, but it’s hopefully a pretty high bar. Much more enjoyable to bask in the glory of another Model X delivery. One more beautiful car on the road. One more person off the list of people in front of me. I mean us. Really. I meant us. Not me. It’s not about me. What? You think I should get my X first? Oh, thank you. Please let Tesla know.

Thank you for sharing that information and your experience. I think you really misinterpreted the post a bit by Stro. And by the way, what you were saying around page 550 (calling others whiners, making assumptions based on someone paying cash/financing or owning/running a business) wasn’t really being respectful… I recall Bruce having to remove a ton of pages because of all of it.

Nonetheless, hope you enjoy your car and wishing all my best to you.

On another note, anyone have a plaid VIN yet?!
Didn't want to even bring it up, but agree with this. Whatever message you were trying to bring was lost because of all the taunting and name calling.

I used to take climate change seriously, but now that it’s shoehorned into every topic I can’t stand hearing about it anymore.
-Fire in California … climate change
-No rain in the southwest desert.. climate change
-California running out of water because of overpopulation? Nope it’s because of climate change!
-too hot? Climate change
-Too cold? Climate change!

??? Which if these has 'very little' to do with climate change?

-Fire in California … climate change
Warm air causes vegetation to dry faster... so... yeah... climate change.​
-No rain in the southwest desert.. climate change
The poles are warming faster than the equator causing weather patterns to shift AND warm air dries out land faster... so... yeah... that's climate change.​
California running out of water because of overpopulation? Nope it’s because of climate change!
Look at the Colorado river. Precipitation in the watershed is only down ~5% but river flow is down ~20%. Why? Because water evaporates faster with warmer air. Physics. Climate Change.​
-too hot? Climate change
Yep. Average global temps are rising. Climate Change​
-Too cold? Climate change!
Yep. The jet stream divides the cold polar air from the warmer equatorial air. The stronger the jet stream the straighter it is and the farther north the colder air stays. That strength is driven by the difference in temperature between the pole and the equator. As the poles warm faster than the equator the jet stream gets weaker and wavier allowing cold air to dip farther south than has ever been possible. Climate Change.​
You sound like a meth addict pissed that everyone is blaming the meth on their divorce, lost child custody, lost job, lost house, bankruptcy and missing teeth. Yeah... meth is a helluva drug. Fools fuel is basically meth for our society. Fun and productive for a short period of time but the consequences REALLY stack up fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: eevee-fan and JRP3
If there's no signal there's no signal... Tahta... Working as intended, wtf are you going to do with a button?
Knowing when the signal is back to try to start streaming music is a pretty obvious reason to me, but WTF is being done with the space the signal indicator used to occupy that moving it was an improvement? And what about connecting to WiFi which is now buried in a menu?

Stop being such a Tesla sycophant. The software is barely better than beta and the latest update is worse than before. It doesn’t “just work”; it's glitchy throughout, and borderline dangerous repeatedly slamming on the brakes unnecessarily every time there’s a car stopped in a right turn lane ahead.

It's laughable that Tesla believes these cars will be able to safely drive autonomously any time soon when they can’t even get active cruise to work as well as the rest of the industry did over 10 years ago.

Last edited:
What's your point? Maybe you got lucky in the M3? Maybe you drove up to the mtns when there was little recent snowfall and less applications of mag chloride, sand, and gravel on the roads? If you live in a snow climate, they spread gravel, sand, etc on the road to help traction and you can go ahead and plan on going through 1-2 windshields/year due to this. If you are breaking windshields left and right, what makes you think the paint will survive? Most of the telsa's I see up here in Vail, CO don't have PPF and I doubt their owners really care about the quality of the paint. My 4runner has areas stripped on it as well. Nothing new here.

Do you not understand I started this thread? Im replying to all the people who responded with me about "SHOULDA GOT PPF DUR HUR" - which absolutely does not help in anyway.

How about shipping the actual product road worthy.

Made this trip 6 times in a MOdel 3 and never needed PPF. Made the same trip once in my Model Y and its shredded.

Thats the point.

Why are you responding?

• Disagree
Reactions: Mike_TV
Do you not understand I started this thread? Im replying to all the people who responded with me about "SHOULDA GOT PPF DUR HUR" - which absolutely does not help in anyway.

How about shipping the actual product road worthy.

Made this trip 6 times in a MOdel 3 and never needed PPF. Made the same trip once in my Model Y and its shredded.

Thats the point.

Why are you responding?

Tesla is not the only vehicle who has issues after driving on a road that has recently had 17 feet of snowfall? I'm sorry your car has paint issues, but this clearly isn't something new and if you are familiar with driving in the mountains during heavy snowfall it's an unfortunate fact of life. Like I said, I have a TRD 4runner and a Highlander that also has issues like this after driving on roads like you did. As a member of this forum you clearly have seen examples of car paint being damaged and you KNOW that Telsa is notorious for such issues. If you really cared to protect the vehicle from it then you could have stayed in San Diego or wrapped the high impact areas in ppf. Am I right?

• Disagree
Reactions: mlkmade
Maybe your car is showing something different?

It doesn't. He's just defending against a problem he very clearly doesn't understand.

but I can see all the side streets on this image!

NO IT DOES NOT. There are streets in that image that do not appear. That large empty space has streets in it. Why not take a second to wonder maybe if there's something you're missing rather than constantly white knighting for this trash release? Good god. You don't even understand half the problems people are talkign about, but here you are going on about how everybody's wrong.

It doesn't. He's just defending against a problem he very clearly doesn't understand.

NO IT DOES NOT. There are streets in that image that do not appear. That large empty space has streets in it. Why not take a second to wonder maybe if there's something you're missing rather than constantly white knighting for this trash release? Good god. You don't even understand half the problems people are talkign about, but here you are going on about how everybody's wrong.
Hey *****, take a look at the others saying the exact same thing as me. Just because you whine about the release doesn't mean we all have to. NO streets are missing on my map...got it pal?!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: K5TRX
Can't have a conversation without name calling people that disagree. Amazing. Best feature of this site is the ignore list.
Ha! Everytime someone has asked where such and such is I have explained where to find it...you just down vote it...every time...no problem to me pal but it goes to show you are being an asshat! You are the type that hates it when someone likes something you dont! I care not one jot if you dont like v11...I dont care if your Nav map is as dark as satans butt...I can see mine fine, nothing missing, controls are easy. you hate that but I dont care! Goodbye!

• Disagree
Reactions: K5TRX
I've reported you for personal attack.
Typical liberal snowflake response: "Oooh, somebody challenged my position! Let's get the authorities to shut him up before somebody comes to think his different opinions may have merit!"
MAY NEVER HAPPEN => May Happen

Obviously, your posts have little logic or rational.
I never said it could NEVER happen. I wouldn't have paid for FSD in 2018 or have been testing the Beta FSD all this time if I thought it could never happen. I'm simply not under the delusion that Elon has any idea 1) when FSD will reach L5, or 2) whether it can ever reach L5.

Instead of harassing, how about trying to answer the question?
Because I don’t feed concern trolls. Also, see below.

I don't need to answer to you why I am interested in electric cars and autonomous driving.
Then don’t expect anyone to answer your inane questions.

I am happy to live in a real democracy, where compromises must be made, where people pay real taxes, where everyone has access to health care and universities and have good social benefits. I am more worried about all the greedy shareholder mentality on social media, trying to manipulate any discussions to earn more $$ including threats, harassment, ridiculing etc.
Great democracy etc. all using money from oil that is killing the planet. Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.