Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Intensive Care Unit? Did you mean ICE Internal Combustion Engine

You're a newbie, you should ask the Tesla Service Center adviser when you test drive. They are very knowledgeable. 🙂

Consider myself woke whipped.

While I did expect that the demography (aka.: maturity: kids vs mature men, etc.) of users on a Tesla forum to be slightly different than that of a Mbenz S-class forum, (just because of the more diverse pool of Tesla owners vs S-class owners; in a way that finding some childish people or responses may be more often), but I never expected that conversation may lead to such silly comments like this one here. Congrats, you had beaten all my low-records expectations.

I am still very grateful for the majority of mature users here who helped me on this thread with well-thought and informative responses. I know way more than I didn't know just a week or so ago.

While I did expect that the demography (aka.: maturity: kids vs mature men, etc.) of users on a Tesla forum to be slightly different than that of a Mbenz S-class forum, (just because of the more diverse pool of Tesla owners vs S-class owners; in a way that finding some childish people or responses may be more often), but I never expected that conversation may lead to such silly comments like this one here. Congrats, you had beaten all my low-records expectations.

I am still very grateful for the majority of mature users here who helped me on this thread with well-thought and informative responses. I know way more than I didn't know just a week or so ago.
It's ICE and stands for Internal Combustion Engine. Learn, then move on.

What you pay into the system doesn't cover what your projected earnings are in retirement. For most people, they will actually draw FAR more from the system than they ever put into it (including adjustments for inflation and safe earnings rates by SSI like T-bills, etc.).

Back in about 2011, as the number of boomers retiring started to grow sharply, the system moved from being net inflow-positive, to net inflow-negative.

SSI does NOT have the ability to borrow to cover debts, unlike the gov itself. So unless there are changes made to the system, there are projections that it will run out of money sometime in the next 10-20 years. Now, this is not the only time we have seen those projections, and politicians put into place mechanisms to shore up SSI (increasing the taxed portion of earnings - this goes up each year, it used to be fixed, and pushing up the retirement age from 65 to 67).

The ENTIRE system depends completely upon having more people funding it's existing retirees. Because those funds you are contributing paycheck to paycheck are not getting stored up, they are going to your parents and grandparents drawing SSI right now.
I love old bhp_dook tries to explain the entirety of the SS system (poorly i might add) so your eyes will gloss over instead of admitting he was full of sugar and we are entitled to this program because we spend our entire lives paying into it. Nobody is “paying for your retirement” except yourself. Your previous post was typical bs spin.

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke
I love old bhp_dook tries to explain the entirety of the SS system (poorly i might add) so your eyes will gloss over instead of admitting he was full of sugar and we are entitled to this program because we spend our entire lives paying into it. Nobody is “paying for your retirement” except yourself. Your previous post was typical bs spin.

I love how when you don't have a good reply for FACTS you resort to personal attacks.

Nice to see some things never change.

• Disagree
Reactions: B@ndit
I love how when you don't have a good reply for FACTS you resort to personal attacks.

Nice to see some things never change.
I love how you ignore all the facts that destroy your BS talking points.

1. A significant number of people never collect a dime after paying into SS their whole life because they die. Also a not insignificant number of people die before collecting as much as tgey paid in.

2. Despite what you’re trying to imply, SS does not live paycheck to paycheck for lack of a better phrase. The vast majority of SS funds are invested in US securities. Which is how SS is able to afford potentially paying someone more than they paid in.

It’s not that different from any other retirement fund. So I’m not sure why you’re pretending like it’s some unique system that hasn’t already been proven to work. I guess your just banking on people not being smart enough to see through your constant BS.

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke
I love how you ignore all the facts that destroy your BS talking points.

1. A significant number of people never collect a dime after paying into SS their whole life because they die. Also a not insignificant number of people die before collecting as much as tgey paid in.

2. Despite what you’re trying to imply, SS does not live paycheck to paycheck for lack of a better phrase. The vast majority of SS funds are invested in US securities. Which is how SS is able to afford potentially paying someone more than they paid in.

It’s not that different from any other retirement fund. So I’m not sure why you’re pretending like it’s some unique system that hasn’t already been proven to work. I guess your just banking on people not being smart enough to see through your constant BS.

All this . . . and even the US Gov has said that unless changes to SSI are made it will become insolvent in ~10 years time (first link).

But hey, you keep believing whatever makes you sleep better at night. Facts be damned, right? If you have facts, please post them. I posted from the US Gov itself. Hard to dispute that.

Status
Not open for further replies.