Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• biden-sniff.gif
    biden-sniff.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 32
That's one article from one site based on one dataset.

I've been watching all avenues going on over 6 years now and I consistently see $8-$10k in increased list price for similar cars in every other way.

This fallacy I read here & there about it being worth $0 is not based on reality and oftentimes from those interested in buying.

Again, if someone finds a legitimate listing of a Plaid w/FSD paid for the same price as all of the other Plaids w/o FSD, send me a link. Spoiler alert: my inbox won't be blowing up.
Ok, of course we should all take your word for it. What is one article with data, when we have the ostrich here with another “I know more than anyone” response.

100% Absolutely agree. The ones without insurance are the most reckless on the roads, too.
well, most are of illegitimate origin, nervous anbout their circumstances, or just don't care when they know nothing is usually done to them (or their friends).
put a few on ice for a while and things might change. but that would cost us taxpayers 3 hots and a cot for their stays, when actual criminals .... oh, right, those're out on no bail.....

Having measured (using a caliper) my Austin Build Model Y that I picked up new 3 weeks ago, I'm calling BS on the 20mm hole.
Yesterday you were calling BS. None of us knew what we were talking about.

Today you’re a 20mm puck expert. Repeating what we said when you were calling BS.
So maybe ONLY the Model Y AWD (base model) has the 20 mm hole.
There is a place in politics for you.

• Disagree
Reactions: tradosaurus
Yesterday you were calling BS. None of us knew what we were talking about.

Today you’re a 20mm puck expert. Repeating what we said when you were calling BS.

There is a place in politics for you.
LIsten idiot, I already admitted there were 20 mm holes after a few verified it but only in the MY AWD model made in Austin. Maybe all giga factories produced the MY AWD with 20 mm holes. Most likely which is why people are reporting different hole sizes.

Don't try your hand in comedy unless your face speaks volumes.

Because Tesla is a public company whose responsibility is to its shareholders.

It has everything to do with everything.

That's great.

That has nothing to do with Teslas business decisions however. They're not a fan club or a niche vendor.

I mean, it continues to VASTLY outsell all the cars you insist it's "far behind" so from an Econ 101 perspective it's the exact opposite of dead.

"Tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny segment of market won't buy a car we're selling insanely high numbers of already" is not a business reason to make significant changes to the product to cater to that tiny tiny tiny segment of the market.

Do you? Because your hyperbolic "doa" and nobody will buy them statements suggests you don't understand this at all let alone agree with it.

Why would they do that? They have willing buyers who will pay thousands of extra dollars for what amounts to bigger wheels and a software unlock.

Why kill that? Makes 0 economic sense.

At least unlike many other "sport" trims it does add actual measurable performance to the vehicle rather than just some badges and a wing.

Why is the real question tied to Teslas stock. That has nothing to do with anything. I'm a car enthusiast. I care about fun cars. I owned an M3P. Fun car. Good value. But it lags way behind the competition other than straight line zero to 60. The interior is garbage. The stock suspension is terrible. Power drops like a rock at 65 mph. If Tesla keeps the m3P the same it's DOA. This is from a car enthusiast not a stockholder. I agree that Tesla may not care about the high end. Then they should just kill the Performance variant because it's already dead.
I don't like you one bit. You are really unlikeable. This place is toxic. We're talking about cars. In particularly fun performance cars. Your talking about economics. I don't give a rats ass about that. That's not why I came here to discuss the next model 3 p. I came here to talk with people who care about cars not those who talk about stock.

Last edited:
Scroll to the top & you'll see the sub-forum title 'Electric Vehicles'

Except operating not only in the niche market Tesla does, but others 'above' & 'below' that tesla doesn't

A bit like that appreciating asset tesla robotaxi that came out in 2017

The same was said about the Model 3.
Already 500K Dolphins sold, in the most difficult market that Tesla still hasn't got the resources to enter - sub $25K

Once again, cognitive dissonance is a helluva drug
Ok
You can be a BYD fanboy on a Tesla forum
It’s the Tesla Motor Club forum

I hear you! Many decades ago I was sitting in my truck and a woman parked right next to me and flung open her door hitting my passenger door. The window was down and I yelled out "HEY!" Her response was not "I'm so sorry", instead she said her door has door protectors, I told her that my door didn't and hers don't protect other vehicles. People are just idiots!
I was sitting in a parking lot waiting to pick up a friend and saw a woman pull in to a parking space next to an older beautifully maintained pickup truck. She winged her door open and hit the truck so hard it rocked a bit from the impact. The driver of the truck got out, picked up a ball peen hammer from the bed, walked around to her driver's door and gave it a full swing whack. He then brandished the hammer at the stunned woman and said, "Now we're even." He got in the truck and drove off to cheers from those who saw it happen. She called the cops and they interviewed the many witnesses and they were suddenly very confused. "It was a red truck." "It was a blue truck." "It was a white truck." :)

Curb rashing the wheels is a combination of the current fad to have convex wheels that stick out past the tires (like the uberturbines) and driver error. It's not a Tesla thing, one can find similar threads about it in every car model discussion group.

I was sitting in a parking lot waiting to pick up a friend and saw a woman pull in to a parking space next to an older beautifully maintained pickup truck. She winged her door open and hit the truck so hard it rocked a bit from the impact. The driver of the truck got out, picked up a ball peen hammer from the bed, walked around to her driver's door and gave it a full swing whack. He then brandished the hammer at the stunned woman and said, "Now we're even." He got in the truck and drove off to cheers from those who saw it happen. She called the cops and they interviewed the many witnesses and they were suddenly very confused. "It was a red truck." "It was a blue truck." "It was a white truck." :)

Curb rashing the wheels is a combination of the current fad to have convex wheels that stick out past the tires (like the uberturbines) and driver error. It's not a Tesla thing, one can find similar threads about it in every car model discussion group.
Had he hit her with the hammer would you have all still been cheering? Negligent actions that cause damage aren't an excuse for willful vandalism and menacing behavior (brandishing a hammer). I would have had no trouble remembering the specifics of that truck down to the license plate number.

Had he hit her with the hammer would you have all still been cheering? Negligent actions that cause damage aren't an excuse for willful vandalism and menacing behavior (brandishing a hammer). I would have had no trouble remembering the specifics of that truck down to the license plate number.
Well obviously it would have been a different event had he hit her. But that didn't happen and I completely understand his anger when stupid people don't care about other peoples things. You clearly have not experienced the nonchalant attitude door dingers have. I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the money to PPF and ceramic coat my new Model Y, knowing it really won't protect my car from door dingers who don't give a crap.

Reactions: laservet
Well obviously it would have been a different event had he hit her. But that didn't happen and I completely understand his anger when stupid people don't care about other peoples things. You clearly have not experienced the nonchalant attitude door dingers have. I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the money to PPF and ceramic coat my new Model Y, knowing it really won't protect my car from door dingers who don't give a crap.
Yeah I've been pissed off by door dings in the past, but being mad doest mean you can do whatever the F you want. Brandishing a weapon is a crime, dude shoulda spent the night in jail. It's dumbasses like him that turn bad situation into tragic situations.

Reactions: cdub

The problem I see with this incident is the driver of the truck never gave the woman a chance to apologize and seek restitution.

If this was my wife or daughter in the car I would have taken the license plate of the truck driver and called the police. He most likely would have been thrown in jail for something serious.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdub and Resist
Status
Not open for further replies.