Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snowflake battery symbol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have an idea of what the blue on the battery means, other than it’s cold?...

My guess: The green color indicates the lower miles/percentage you would get when the battery is cold.

The blue color indicates the higher miles/percentage you would get when the battery is warm. That means when your battery is warm, that blue part should no longer blue but it would be green.

...maximum battery capacity is now only 91% that’s a record low for me for a full charge...

What does that mean?

Does that mean when your set the charge at 100%, the charge would say "complete" at 91%?

Or for the purpose of illustration, does that mean that you used to get 100 miles when it's charged to 100% but now it's completed at 100% but the miles only say 91 miles and not 100 miles?

My guess: The green color indicates the lower miles/percentage you would get when the battery is cold.

The blue color indicates the higher miles/percentage you would get when the battery is warm. That means when your battery is warm, that blue part should no longer blue but it would be green.

What does that mean?

Does that mean when your set the charge at 100%, the charge would say "complete" at 91%?

Or for the purpose of illustration, does that mean that you used to get 100 miles when it's charged to 100% but now it's completed at 100% but the miles only say 91 miles and not 100 miles?

My bad. My 100% charge is showing as 91% which I can only assume is down to the cold.

I just use the scheduled charge, under charging. As stated by others you can’t set an end so I just vary the amount of charge to limit the time it’s charging.

As said, start or end. End time may be best unless you are trying to get lowest rates which might not happen of set to a high soc and you start with a low one. But the car would be ready and not have to rewarm itself. I'm sure I'll get critiques for this but work it out

As said, start or end. End time may be best unless you are trying to get lowest rates which might not happen of set to a high soc and you start with a low one. But the car would be ready and not have to rewarm itself. I'm sure I'll get critiques for this but work it out
end time is not end time its departure time so will include prewarming as you say which is not a good idea unless you are actually leaving at that time. not many people leave at 4:30 am which is when the Octopus cheap period ends for many people.
Given that on an LR and a standard 7KW charger you get about 10% per hour. I set the start time to what I want then the required state of charge to be 40% higher ( a bit less in cold weather). That way I know the start time and duration. Its crude but it works.

What temperature does the blue bar appear?

I've still never seen it on my 2021 model LR, even when several degrees below freezing and my car has been sat outside for days. I've checked both the app and the cars display.

I wonder if my battery is a bit cold?

M3Snow.jpg