Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are CarWow getting those range figures from, though??

Figures on the configurator are 513/629 km WLTP for RWD and LR respectively (319/391 miles), which is a 4.5% increase on the old model.

Can't be EPA as those numbers will be lower.
If you go on to a European configurator (Germany?) and scroll down to the wheels, the range will show depending on 18" or 19" chosen. The headline figure is 19".

Reactions: LiamPope
If the Shanghai factory is now only producing the Highland how are Tesla going to satisfy immediate demand for the 3 in the UK?
Seems a bit of a strange strategy to have the UK waiting 6 months.
Good question. Wouldn't surprise me if all we'll get is remaining inventory and then nothing until the new model arrives. It'll be 2019 all over again...

That's an interesting point actually, stalkless is an absolute no go for me too unless we can attach to third party ones.
I guess it's possible. The TopFit instrument binacle I have uses a replacement top cover on the steering column. A similar trick with stalks attached would be possible. Maybe there's hope...

1693555586663.png

things that spring to mind seeing that rear screen

- thats cool
- can you watch netflix in the back while driving
- does it split the audio, put it out the usb-c, or the entire car is listening to 'let it go'?
- low screen feels like a recipe for car sickness
Well the current S/X implementation is: Yes you can watch media in the rear whilst driving, but no, a single audio output for the whole vehicle despite Bluetooth headphone support being promised. Whether they've fixed this now who knows.

I'm not wild about losing the drive selector stalk

I've not tried one without, but I think it would be a major pain for me. I've become very adept at throwing the D-R selector when manoeuvring into a parking space (whilst still rolling) and using accelerator for reverse-thrust0breaking, initially, and then propulsion in that direction.

I don't know what the speed limit is for that to work, but I don't suppose I get above 5 MPH when doing that sort of manoeuvring.

Yeah, me too. Absolutely crazy idea. I'm not wild about losing the drive selector stalk, but the loss of indicator stalks is just insane.
Having just come back from driving around the US for a week or two I can see why it is less of an issue for them. most of the roads are straight and I saw one roundabout in 2 weeks so 99.9% of the time when you are signalling your wheels are pointing straight ahead so the buttons are in the right position to use. Needless to say that is not the case in the UK. indicating to leave a roundabout is the obvious worst case but far from the only time you would want to start or stop indicating while the wheel is turned.