Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be a non-issue if the indicators were physical buttons and in a natural place for your thumbs, on either side of the wheel. Having them on one side seems totally bizarre to me, even before you get into the whole fact that the car* allows like 2 full 360 turns lock to lock whilst you're trying to fumble around guessing which button you're pressing.

* The new S/X anyway, I have no reason to believe this won't be the same.

Reactions: Ashdeman
If you go on to a European configurator (Germany?) and scroll down to the wheels, the range will show depending on 18" or 19" chosen. The headline figure is 19".

Ah yeah that's where they get those numbers. Interesting the 18" wheels seem to make much more of a difference this time around. Comparing apples to apples Highland is a 4.5% range increase over the previous model with 19" wheels on, but somehow an 8% increase with 18" wheels! I wonder if the 18" wheels are significantly lighter this time around and/or the 19" heavier, or if the 18" 'estimated' range figures are just not to be trusted?

Looks like possibly two power struts for the boot now. Or could just be covers over the regular gas strut on the right...

High4.png

Just before these rumors start to spread even more:
Model 3 Highland still uses the same battery packs and motors that have been introduced back in Q4/2021!
  • M3 RWD = CATL 6L LFP ~60kWh and 3D7 rear motor (DU CAT 2)
  • M3 LR = LG 5L NMC ~79kWh and 3D7 rear motor (DU CAT 2)

• Informative
Reactions: MrT3 and Durzel
Looks like possibly two power struts for the boot now. Or could just be covers over the regular gas strut on the right...

View attachment 970040

One powered strut is a bad design that has caused no end of issues due to the uneven force applied, twisting of the boot lid, hinge working its way loose, strut popping off the tailgate, etc. Two powered struts would definitely be a big improvement.

One powered strut is a bad design that has caused no end of issues due to the uneven force applied, twisting of the boot lid, hinge working its way loose, strut popping off the tailgate, etc. Two powered struts would definitely be a big improvement.

Yeah agree. I don't have any major issues like that with mine so far, but it already slams shut past the soft close which it didn't use to do.

Reactions: Durzel
I suspect the rear screen will be of limited utility as an entertainment centre as I can't imagine kids (or anyone) squinting down there to watch shows on a long journey when stuff like iPads exist.

Best bits for me are the potentially better suspension and the perforated seats.

Although unless I get kicked in the head by a horse I can't imagine getting one, because of the stalkless indicator nonsense.

Maybe the refresh will never come to the uk (wonder why)!
Nah, we’ll get it eventually.

RHD needs different parts so as they’re ramping production they’ll be focussed on getting the lines back up to full capacity without additional complexity first, before they start switching to different builds. This has happened before for several models.

Worth noting this new model also doesn’t release in USA/Canada until next year either, so Shanghai seems to be the guinea pig for working out the early gremlins before they flip the switch to the new model at Fremont.

Big pluses: improved range, ventilated front seates, quieter, ambient lighting control, at least one new color.
Big minuses: stalkless steering column, price increase.
Meh: body redesign (still looks like a VW beetle coming towards you). For me, rear screen would never get used.

Reactions: Durzel