Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure salesmen have the power to change the allocation order of cars.. isn't it all automatic?
People often exceed their authority (Ultra Virus) and make claims they either cant fulfil or have no intention of fulfilling - its a lure to get you to commit, being Telsa I assume they have learned from the grand Master on how to over promise and underdeliver.
Your car will be here "soon" - and indeed all they omitted when the mail said one of the first to receive their Highland in the UK was "One of the first 10,000 owners, but you will be so pleased just to get it you wont even be miffed.

Hmmm - that mail clearly isn't an official Tesla marketing mail (just going by the grammar errors). Plus, the ordering page is just the standard one for the current car. Sounds like some sales guy is taking it upon himself/herself to garner RNs and then dish out deliveries single-handed ("I can make sure that you are one of the 1st in the UK..."). Does this person have the authority to allocate RNs to arriving cars? I'd like something more than a mail like this to convince me it's anything other than a rogue member of the sales team.
+1

My worry would be that you're trying to buy a different car to the one you're actually being sold at the time. The features, etc and ultimately the contract relate to what you're ordering now, not whatever a UK Highland car ends up being.

+1

My worry would be that you're trying to buy a different car to the one you're actually being sold at the time. The features, etc and ultimately the contract relate to what you're ordering now, not whatever a UK Highland car ends up being.
My worry would be to be delivered a previous gen M3 through the online order process, despite what the salesperson said, with little to no recourse afterwards...

They removed it from the demo cars we've seen and from the photos of the promotional materials. I would assume the production cars are not going to have this, based upon that information.
I suspect that the first batch of Highlands won’t have a bumper camera but a little later (or in a different market) they will. There’s always a risk with early adoption

I was just watching a youtube video and saw a recording inside the Tesla Semi cabin. The wheel has stalks for indicators and gear selection - of course as it's SAFER. Come on just make it optional and see what the numbers say. Make a "Elon version" $2,000 more expensive with yoke and no stalks. LOL

I was just watching a youtube video and saw a recording inside the Tesla Semi cabin. The wheel has stalks for indicators and gear selection - of course as it's SAFER. Come on just make it optional and see what the numbers say. Make a "Elon version" $2,000 more expensive with yoke and no stalks. LOL
Sadly it's all about efficiency of production. I can't imagine the lack of stalks is a significant production line time saver, nor a big cost savings. But it is very unlikely Tesla will offer an option to have the stalks on a mass-produced model. Do I wish they would put them back -- definitely yes.

The lack of a gear stalk is part of Elon’s philosophy of removing driver input...and I like the idea (although I have no clue if it works in practice)....the problem is the lack of an indicator stalk....it may all be a storm in a teacup and muscle memory means you always find the indicator buttons...on the other hand it could be a disaster.
On a personal note...I hate stalks...ever since they used to snap off or the switch contacts wore out in old Fords back in the day. In fact when I first got my M3LR I was a little worried in case they were a weak point...but they seem to be good

Sadly it's all about efficiency of production. I can't imagine the lack of stalks is a significant production line time saver, nor a big cost savings. But it is very unlikely Tesla will offer an option to have the stalks on a mass-produced model. Do I wish they would put them back -- definitely yes.
If they can keep making Australian 3s and Ys with USS, then it’s not insurmountable to offer different specs. Stalks are probably more work than parking sensors, but things aren’t as fixed as it’s made out. It’s more they treating a lot of their customers like ****s.