Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair now they've removed the stalks I've realised just how much they were ruining the whole aesthetic of the cabin. The issue now they've gone, you start to notice how the steering wheel itself also gets in the way of a better cabin ambiance. Same with the pedals, just getting in the way of space to better rest my feet.

It's all got to go for the good of cabin ambiance and reducing cost. I'll happily buy the new Model 2 with the promise that it'll be able to move on it's own in "Two weeks" or "Coming soon.." It'll be money well spent.

As an aside. Who here wants to buy themselves a Robotaxi? I don't want to share my car with you lot, it's mine and where I go to get away from you all :p If it spends 95%+ of the time going nowhere then that's fine, as long as I know it's not getting spoilt by the random UK population getting in and out of it.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: pdk42
I have owned two M3LR's over the past 4 years and loved them and thought I would move on to the Highland fairly soon. Having test driven it a few weeks ago I thought it was a much improved model. However, I was unhappy with the removal of stalks and general increased use of the screen for controls. I also was far from happy with the way Eoin and Tesla seem to be going with the cars so today test drove a BMW i4. 40. I was very impressed with it overall and the combination of new technology with more traditional controls not to mention that the build quality is still significantly better than M3LR (even the Highland version) Hence I am moving away from Tesla with some regrets and have ordered the i4.

I have owned two M3LR's over the past 4 years and loved them and thought I would move on to the Highland fairly soon. Having test driven it a few weeks ago I thought it was a much improved model. However, I was unhappy with the removal of stalks and general increased use of the screen for controls. I also was far from happy with the way Eoin and Tesla seem to be going with the cars so today test drove a BMW i4. 40. I was very impressed with it overall and the combination of new technology with more traditional controls not to mention that the build quality is still significantly better than M3LR (even the Highland version) Hence I am moving away from Tesla with some regrets and have ordered the i4.
Stalks 1 - Elon 0.

Good choice, enjoy the new car.

will this new car arrive before or after the roadster?
or maybe before…

IMG_0971.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Zilla91
“Unveil” is code for Musk saying. “I’m giving the design team the target spec sheet today.. this is what I’ve told them to go and design” together with a prototype knocked up on a rolling chassis taken from another car

Just like the Roadster was unveiled 6 years ago

Reactions: MD70
I meant to add that in less than 2 years the best resale price I can get for my M3LR is less than half of the purchase price. Very concerning

I meant to add that in less than 2 years the best resale price I can get for my M3LR is less than half of the purchase price. Very concerning
All EV’s drop in value quickly now. Add in that when some new better battery arrives, cars with the old batteries will drop me.

Take the new Taycan, larger battery in same space while actually being a bit lighter and no additional cost for that. Not a small jump but quite big, then with other improvements in the car the range has jumped 30%+. Previous ICE cars might after 8 years get 1-2mpg better and 20hp more in the next model. EV’s are improving at a rapid rate so just feels impossible that older ones can maintain their value like an ICE did. Won’t always be like this but maybe for next 10 - 20 years I think it could be.

It’s certainly true that the bottom has fallen out of the second hand market. Given that initial purchase price is significantly higher than equivalent ICE, insurance costs are higher and resale values lower it’s hardly surprising that private buyers are so reluctant to buy a BEV.

I need to change my A6 diesel in the next few months. I’m hoping to get an A6 e-tron which is due out later this year, but if the price and insurance quotes are too high then forget it, I’ll get another ICE.

I need to change my A6 diesel in the next few months. I’m hoping to get an A6 e-tron which is due out later this year, but if the price and insurance quotes are too high then forget it, I’ll get another ICE.

Fortunately I dont have the need to change anything but if I did, I would have to consider convenience, running costs (I very rarely charge outside home). I supposed the half way would be PHEV if I was considering. Some things about a full or partial EV are just priceless imho.

Reactions: FastLaneJB
Right, so he was wrong
You should have stopped there.

No amount of over the air updates or FSD rewrites are ever going to make our cars drive themselves or be deployed as robotaxis.

comparing that announcement to this one about a physical product isn’t apples to apples.
There will be no physical product, just as there was no physical product when he announced the Roadster or the robot. Anyone can churn out a concept that bears no resemblance to an actual product.