Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So 10 years ago today, this happened

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's funny to read some of the old comments:

"$60 million in funding to put an electric motor in a Lotus Elise?

The review calls the guy "a modern day Preston Tucker." How appropriate! And it will be just as successful.

You guys are smoking crack if you think this car makes sense or will succeed. After Ed Begley, Jr. buys his, who will buy the next one?"

Love it, thanks for sharing this, back in those days I could only DREAM about actually driving or owning a TESLA, I've been so fortunate to have a couple Roadsters up to this point and even to be driving a Model S as my daily driver... The world has evolved so rapidly, charging infrastructure, # of EV on the road, freaking AUTOPILOT! All these changes indicate a dramatic change and new era of automobile innovation and it should excite anyone who uses a vehicle for transportation!

Those comments would be funnier if there still weren't people saying essentially the same things about Tesla. The urge to naysay is strong with some.

But let's remember that Ford is a very well established automaker (arguably the most established in the USA) and there are people who say their products are so terrible that the company is about to blink out. Haters will hate, as the kids say. It's more important to listen for a signal in the noise than to focus on the volume of the noise!

Well, I suspect they will make a big social media deal of their updated secret master plan, which will likely mention the anniversary.

But, like everything Tesla, the USMP is late. Perhaps that's what you meant by "telling".