Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

So...are parking sensors now standard or tech pkg?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys at my SC weren't sure. Parking sensors aren't listed as a tech pkg feature, but you could argue they are a convenience feature. Anyone know if you don't order tech if you still get them as one of the included safety features as part of the new sensor suite?

The hardware is standard because all Model S are built with the ultrasonic sensors in the bumpers (as well as the cameras and forward radar). The software to make the Parking Sensors work is in the Tech Package, I think.

Yes, the hardware is now standard on all vehicles. Yes, the parking sensors work regardless of the tech package. I purchased my model S without the tech package and still received working parking sensors.