Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So is Model S basically the quickest car 0-45?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of streets have speed limit 35-45 mph. Out of curiosity, starting from red light, with instantaneous torque, is there a faster gas car? Some cars challenge me and even with my 60D, I haven't been beaten.

I think there are a couple, on paper. But that assumes that they are holding high revs waiting for the light to roll, and floor it out of the gate (or use launch control.)

No factory stock ICE production road car can manage it without warning, or come close to the dynamic response if they weren't planning on it initially.

Racing on the street is dangerous to you and everyone around you. Some guy might come back from the future to warn you...

I think there are a couple, on paper. But that assumes that they are holding high revs waiting for the light to roll, and floor it out of the gate (or use launch control.)

No factory stock ICE production road car can manage it without warning, or come close to the dynamic response if they weren't planning on it initially.

Racing on the street is dangerous to you and everyone around you. Some guy might come back from the future to warn you...

Yeah, I am restraining these days. Of times I did, beyond the speed limit, I have let them go past me.