Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So sick of "Service".

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just remembered why I even have an X now... when my S needed service back in 2018 (before service was awful) I got a P90D Model X. Loaner.

Then in 2019 I bought a $80,000 Model X new.

very good point.

I've never driven an S or X. in fact, never been *inside* either one. totally outside my price range, both of them, but hey, someday maybe I'll find the back door of a bank open (did I just say that?) and then I might have more options for what my next car would be. if I had a good memory of an S or X, who knows - maybe that would be in consideration.

sales works like that. its common and as old as sales itself.

tesla cheaping out on the whole loaner program, let alone the 'here's a car better than you own, just so you can try it out for a while' program - they act like that sales fact doesn't apply to them, and they are totally wrong.

Reactions: ACA Man
very good point.

I've never driven an S or X. in fact, never been *inside* either one. totally outside my price range, both of them, but hey, someday maybe I'll find the back door of a bank open (did I just say that?) and then I might have more options for what my next car would be. if I had a good memory of an S or X, who knows - maybe that would be in consideration.

sales works like that. its common and as old as sales itself.

tesla cheaping out on the whole loaner program, let alone the 'here's a car better than you own, just so you can try it out for a while' program - they act like that sales fact doesn't apply to them, and they are totally wrong.
As far as I am concerned, I am kind of ok with their current loaner program aka Uber/Lyft credit.

What I, as well as any other Tesla supporters, would like to see is for Musk to hand over the daily operations to someone who knows about customer services. Furthermore, stop pushing junks out the door just so they can meet their quota.

As a younger guy who started with nothing, he should know better than to treat their loyal fans as some yahoos off the street.
In addition, stop lying to your customers and try your best to conduct business with integrity & honesty.

if they don’t or refuse to change then in about 2 years or so, they’re going to regret it.

Loaners are a scarce commodity. The way my local service center handles them is ... service planned for an overnight stay gets a loaner; same day gets Uber credits. That seems fair and reasonable.

When I owned a Cadillac (which cost a hell of a lot more than the Model 3) - it was very similar. Courtesy ride home for same day/next day stuff, or a loaner if it was going to be a few days.

While it’s a great marketing technique, there still just aren’t enough of ‘em to go around.