Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So sick of "Service".

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Service has been total crap since 2018.
The app experience is awful.
Parts are non existent. Qualified staff do not exist.

Every Single Experience I've had with service has been awful. Just. Awful.

I'm snickering inside - not at your misfortune, but at how right you are. I've owned 3 Teslas since 2014 and everything was great until the M3 scale happened. I wouldn't buy another one now, until they get their act together on service issues like this.

I'll truncate the bitching, examples of getting stranded, waiting at SC's etc otherwise this could be a very loong post...

Reactions: ACA Man
Yep. I hope it's worth it to them. Saving $30 here and $20 there, they've basically guaranteed a lot of people never give them another penny. Not to mention tell everyone who will listen to stay away.

I'm looking at Wranglers again. Found a few Rubicons for less than 1/2 what my X was.

Reactions: InternetDude
Yep. I hope it's worth it to them. Saving $30 here and $20 there, they've basically guaranteed a lot of people never give them another penny. Not to mention tell everyone who will listen to stay away.

I'm looking at Wranglers again. Found a few Rubicons for less than 1/2 what my X was.
Seems like you're not doing yourself any favors by choosing a Jeep Rubicon (Wrangler, actually). It, along with the Model X, falls in the 10 least reliable models of 2020 category, according to Consumer Reports. Not sure your "vehicle service department angst" is going to get any lower with that choice.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I've owned 3 wranglers, 2 of them Rubicons. Both had fewer issues and better dealer experience. Not to mention the ease of part availability.

First one I installed a 4" lift and 1" body lift on 33s. Second one I did a 5.5" Long Arm lift with 35s. 3rd one came to me with a 3" BDS lift and 35s. All were used heavily off road. Paragon Adventure Park and Rausch Creek.

Also had a 95 Tahoe, 87 Celebrity, 2005 Mazda Tribute, 2009 Tahoe, 2x 2018 Model 3s, and a 2013 Model S. (not in that order). Ohh! and a 90 Chevy something 2 door I got on eBay for $900.

I'm not too worried about the Jeep dealer. Even when I had to use them, they were good.

Outside of Tesla, I do all my own work. Rebuilt two marine engines over the winter as well...with hardly any oil leaks!

Honestly, the service at Chick Fila, Lowes, Kitchen Aid, Chevy, Jeep, and almost every other company I've ever dealt with... beats Tesla since 2018. They just need whoever they had running it 2013-2017 to come back...

The knobs on my 9 month old kitchen aid stove were peeling. No pics. No questions, 1 phone call and they mailed me new ones. ($50 worth). for a $2k stove.

Tesla: $80k car. Misaligned trim piece: 3 appointment reschedules, wrong part ordered, and Sorry, here's a bill for $35.

Ohh! more recent; had a part break on a Taylor Made product. Pics sent. They can't fix the part, so entire new one. FREE.

I'm not asking for them to replace the car. Not thinking I deserve free stuff. The tesla trim piece was installed wrong. just asking them to fix it.

Chick fila: this wasn't supposed to have cheese on it. Here's a new one sir! Guess where I eat all the time! with a <2% 'mess up' rate... sometimes I even let it slide because they mess up so rarely.

It just looks like the bean counters who plagued GM for so many years have come over to tesla to destroy the customer experience over a $30 part. without accounting for what that does to the customer and then the brand.

I also really like the 2019+ Ram Rebel. I think the 2020 gets rid of the red overload interior. I don't really want to get 15 mpg though. Top down doors off. Man I miss that in the Jeep! So much sunburn...

Anyway, I still have a cybertruck on order. I still like my X, but how can we pull tesla's head out of it's chargeport and help them understand the importance of service?

Last edited:
Reactions: KentuckyX
I've owned 3 wranglers, 2 of them Rubicons. Both had fewer issues and better dealer experience. Not to mention the ease of part availability.

First one I installed a 4" lift and 1" body lift on 33s. Second one I did a 5.5" Long Arm lift with 35s. 3rd one came to me with a 3" BDS lift and 35s. All were used heavily off road. Paragon Adventure Park and Rausch Creek.

Also had a 95 Tahoe, 87 Celebrity, 2005 Mazda Tribute, 2009 Tahoe, 2x 2018 Model 3s, and a 2013 Model S. (not in that order). Ohh! and a 90 Chevy something 2 door I got on eBay for $900.

I'm not too worried about the Jeep dealer. Even when I had to use them, they were good.

Outside of Tesla, I do all my own work. Rebuilt two marine engines over the winter as well...with hardly any oil leaks!

Honestly, the service at Chick Fila, Lowes, Kitchen Aid, Chevy, Jeep, and almost every other company I've ever dealt with... beats Tesla since 2018. They just need whoever they had running it 2013-2017 to come back...

The knobs on my 9 month old kitchen aid stove were peeling. No pics. No questions, 1 phone call and they mailed me new ones. ($50 worth). for a $2k stove.

Tesla: $80k car. Misaligned trim piece: 3 appointment reschedules, wrong part ordered, and Sorry, here's a bill for $35.

Ohh! more recent; had a part break on a Taylor Made product. Pics sent. They can't fix the part, so entire new one. FREE.

I'm not asking for them to replace the car. Not thinking I deserve free stuff. The tesla trim piece was installed wrong. just asking them to fix it.

Chick fila: this wasn't supposed to have cheese on it. Here's a new one sir! Guess where I eat all the time! with a <2% 'mess up' rate... sometimes I even let it slide because they mess up so rarely.

It just looks like the bean counters who plagued GM for so many years have come over to tesla to destroy the customer experience over a $30 part. without accounting for what that does to the customer and then the brand.

I also really like the 2019+ Ram Rebel. I think the 2020 gets rid of the red overload interior. I don't really want to get 15 mpg though. Top down doors off. Man I miss that in the Jeep! So much sunburn...

Anyway, I still have a cybertruck on order. I still like my X, but how can we pull tesla's head out of it's chargeport and help them understand the importance of service?

I hear you.
I am still waiting for parts from due bill, 3 months after receiving a Model Y on March 16th.

Month One: Delivery Team did not order parts, Service said they should have done that - after I inquired 1 month after delivery. Had to prove broken/defective items with pictures with date time stamp. Was told I will be contacted when parts are in.

Month Two: Was at SC for another unrelated issue - thought I ask status of parts for due bill. No one had ordered them. SC Tech says "I will order them now" - even had me look at his computer screen as proof he was on it.

Month Three: Still no parts. BUT just the other day got an email with parts listing, Date Ordered: 24 June 2020. FML.

Still love the car, Shiety Service.

Not at all surprised by JD Power Initial Quality Study results. I wonder if Elon would do something about it.
2020070a.jpeg.jpg

I'm snickering inside - not at your misfortune, but at how right you are. I've owned 3 Teslas since 2014 and everything was great until the M3 scale happened. I wouldn't buy another one now, until they get their act together on service issues like this.

I'll truncate the bitching, examples of getting stranded, waiting at SC's etc otherwise this could be a very loong post...
I’d not buy another Tesla, PERIOD.

I’m on my third Wrangler too... JL Rubicon, 2 dr manual. Love it. My local dealer goes out of their way to make it convenient for me when I need service.

I’m headed to Tesla service next week for the driveline shudder on my Raven X. Hopefully I won’t experience the crappy service others have reported. If I do, a Cadillac Lyriq will be in my future

I just remembered why I even have an X now... when my S needed service back in 2018 (before service was awful) I got a P90D Model X. Loaner.

Then in 2019 I bought a $80,000 Model X new.

Now, in 2020, Tesla pisses off a customer over a $25 part. Good Job Tesla! Hope that $25 was worth it.