Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So...What is cool Elon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Air Conditioning will come standard for the 180,000 of us.

Car wise I hope for a light up emblem, three bar logo stitching in the headrest or different rims.

I think a mini Supercharger phone charger that holds a picture of you taking delivery of your car would qualify as cool.

• Funny
Reactions: MissAutobahn
Being Elon, he could have meant that quite literally. "Something cool" could be a small, soft-sided ice chest that will fit in the Model 3's frunk. It will have a Tesla and/or Model 3 logo on it. It will come in handy for chilled refreshments the next time you have to stand in line for hours to wait for something. ;)
This actually seems probable. I believe there was some sort of fitted luggage bag for the frunk in the unveiling. Something like this wouldn't be too expensive or too cheap.

Let's see, with my Roadster I got a Tesla ball cap, a Tesla t-shirt, a Tesla coffee cup (wider at the top than at the base, cool looking but awkward to use), and a Tesla coffee thermos. Maybe early Model 3 reservation holders will get a Tesla ball cap. Or a key ring. Probably not a major option on the car. Maybe a badge as suggested above.

Of course, the car will be super-cool, so there's that.

Considering that the original gift for line holders was......a piece of paper

Don't get your hopes up too much.

Exactly! People are expecting way too much. I expect something small like an extra exterior badge, that's all. That costs almost nothing and won't complicate manufacturing.

On a side note I think everyone that reserved received a sketch? I know at least the first entire day or two of reservations did not just line waiters.

Exactly! People are expecting way too much. I expect something small like an extra exterior badge, that's all. That costs almost nothing and won't complicate manufacturing.

On a side note I think everyone that reserved received a sketch? I know at least the first entire day or two of reservations did not just line waiters.
I thought the sketch was the line-sitter reward. I was so overwhelmed by it that I have no idea where I put it.:p

• Funny
Reactions: Garlan Garner
I thought the sketch was the line-sitter reward. I was so overwhelmed by it that I have no idea where I put it.:p

Also for online day 1 reservations. I got one and did not wait in line.

And for what its worth I thought the sketch was the something special and am content with that. But since there is clearly now something cool to come, my guess is that it will be a key fob holder (though Im not sure the fob will be as cool as the S/X). My hopes are for a scale model model 3.

Not EVERYONE! My res went in online while waiting for the live feed... nada here.

Attachments

• IMG_9539.PNG
    IMG_9539.PNG
    713.8 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: McHoffa