TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

So Where are the Front Seat Floor Liners?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by evanevery, Dec 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. evanevery

evanevery Member

The snow has arrived here in Wisconsin. I have the full set of Tesla (Weathertech) floor mats/liners EXCEPT for the front set which appears to be nowhere in sight!

So, someone needs to pull their "head out" and get these liners finished. The "Before Winter" timeline appears to be pretty much shot... How is it that Weathertech got all the other mats done for Tesla but not the fronts? WTF?

(...and, NO, I'm not interested in the other crappy looking flat laser cut rubber mats or the others which look like diamond quilted naugahyde stolen from a bordello couch.)

Proper Front Floor Liners PLEASE!

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 3
  2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

The way things were progressing we are probably lucky we got what we got. But the good news is since we have something, the probability of getting them all has now grown exponentially.:)

• Funny x 1
  3. cmc5dc

cmc5dc Member

• Informative x 1
  4. Modelx2016

Modelx2016 Member

You would think the front mats would be easier to make then the rear ones. Something is nit right here. Still waiting to purchase them

5. Stasla

Stasla Member

I ended up ordering the bordello couch ones along with the mirror housing integrated dash cam they sell, that's being discussed in another thread. For all their gaudiness, they do seem to cover most of the side carpet in the front vs. just the floor. We'll see how I like 'em when they come... Full disclosure: I'm not the bordello couch looking aestetics kinda guy ;)

6. e_joules4all

e_joules4all Member

How did you get the Weathertech FloorLiners for the rear seats? Their web says only All-weather Floor Mats for the MX. I really want them even if just the rear, as I'm improvising in the front. Your guidance is much appreciated.

7. evanevery

evanevery Member

The floor mats on the Tesla Motors Shop ***ARE*** Weathertech floor liners. Weathertech has simply agreed to giving them the first year of availability under the Tesla brand name

8. e_joules4all

e_joules4all Member

Wonderful! Thanks for the tip. I have the FloorLiners in two of my cars. I can immediately identify from the Shop images (like from the edges) that these are of Weathertech pedigree.

Now if only I can get them. Web says unavailable, and is not even taking orders.

9. evanevery

evanevery Member

I've got the full set installed - at least all of what they current offer. Gotta wonder what knucklehead is delaying the front liners...

10. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

My guess is that Tesla is the bottleneck. They're probably being very particular with the final design. I'm not holding my breath that they'll come out with front mats this year, so I went with a 3rd party solution.