Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I admit I'm baffled as usual by the stock movement. It basically came in right where whisper numbers said and everyone should have been expecting from 6900 deliveries. The ER had all the things that seemed to be expected over the last few weeks with margin and such.

Seems a good reason for the stock to recover what it lost today, but not sure why it's going bonkers since there wasn't any surprise in the ER. There wasn't any surprise in the Q3 ER either and it dropped like a stone.

I am going to have to pay so much in capital gains tax.
Feel free to transfer some of that money my way... I'm still carrying over losses from 2007-2008 :)

- - - Updated - - -

I admit I'm baffled as usual by the stock movement. It basically came in right where whisper numbers said and everyone should have been expecting from 6900 deliveries. The ER had all the things that seemed to be expected over the last few weeks with margin and such.

Seems a good reason for the stock to recover what it lost today, but not sure why it's going bonkers since there wasn't any surprise in the ER. There wasn't any surprise in the Q3 ER either and it dropped like a stone.
Its clear. Look at the AH volume. just over 2.5m shares.... someone is caught w/ their pants down and is trying to cover their ass before they are out of a job. I'll be surprised if we hold over $220 tomorrow.

I am going to stick with the technical argument. The stock was spring loaded to go up and was looking for an excuse to do so. Anything from the good news menu would suffice.

I had sold 250 shares when it hit 199 a week or two ago. Then I regretted it. After taxes, I calculated that I could buy back in at 189 and not loose anything. But, when I saw the stock come down before closing today, I decided to buy half of them back at 194 just in case it went up again. Man am I glad I did!!!! Woot!

Its clear. Look at the AH volume. just over 2.5m shares.... someone is caught w/ their pants down and is trying to cover their ass before they are out of a job. I'll be surprised if we hold over $220 tomorrow.

That would be the small short from Doug Kass, no? :-D

WSJ Money Beat - Doug Kass: I AM SHORTING TESLA blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014… $TSLA (Twitter / DougKass: WSJ Money Beat - Doug Kass: ...)

I promise to hold on to all 100% of my 1 share that I hold and will not sell for at least a decade.

I am planning to hold all my 1000 shares for at least 3 days for the short squeeze, Depends on how good the Conference call is.
Don't want to lose my free Tesla Model S, But allure of Another gain is making me not sell right now.
So, in short, my decision depends on call.

I don't even want to guess what else is on that list...[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I actually have a copy of his list right here, just updated. So, his TSLA short is actually #4. #3 is as follows:

"Once I stubbed my toe on a chair as I was walking by, so I stuck my thumb in a doorway and slammed the door on it as hard as I could. Miraculously, my toe no longer hurt."

this was still doable in the last firmwares too, nothing new. If it lowers, or you can lower it near 60mph then it might be something

Yeh. I've lowered it in park before. As soon as you start moving, it goes back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it was my mistake; I didn't know that those with 5.8.8 could lower while in park. I just took the car out and it still does not allow lowering at any speed, even after 5 min of >65MPH :redface:

I've only got 5.8.4, and that lowers in park.

I don't even want to guess what else is on that list...[/FONT][/COLOR]

I actually have a copy of his list right here, just updated. So, his TSLA short is actually #4. #3 is as follows:

"Once I stubbed my toe on a chair as I was walking by, so I stuck my thumb in a doorway and slammed the door on it as hard as I could. Miraculously, my toe no longer hurt."[/QUOTE]

Lol good one! Congrats all! Viva Tesla! :)

Now that you mention it again, I'm a bit surprised there is no comment about 6.0 or NHTSA anywhere in the letter. Elon talked a lot about 6.0 in his Europe trip. So, it seems there is STILL a lot of exciting news to come: Gigafactory, NHTSA, 6.0, actual numbers from China, etc.

Now that you mention it again, I'm a bit surprised there is no comment about 6.0 or NHTSA anywhere in the letter. Elon talked a lot about 6.0 in his Europe trip. So, it seems there is STILL a lot of exciting news to come: Gigafactory, NHTSA, 6.0, actual numbers from China, etc.

They just can't control the NHTSA report. Nothing to say about it, really.