Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 26:10, Steve says "one major car company may produce a compelling electric vehicle - its CEO drives a Tesla".
What manufacturer is he talking about?
c49f10ac9737c42d3327b6ceed2035df.jpg

Tesla gives Toyota CEO a new Roadster

I've been thinking about that. It could be worth pointing out that Tesla is unaffected by this recall.
True, but the period affected pre-dates when Tesla made a car with airbags, so we can't claim that Tesla had some especially high standards. If anything, it would only highlight that the one Tesla car that might have been affected doesn't have [any] modern two-stage airbags at all.

Last edited:
I bought my first jan 17 LEAP yesterday. It is in UA, I took advantage of the earnings dip to buy it.

When will the TSLA 17's be released? It would be nice if that happens before ER.

TSLA LEAPS are on the 'March cycle', which is the last of the three LEAP cycles (roughly 1/3 LEAPS released in Jan/Feb/March): the release date is Nov 17th.

I just dipped into some weeklies at these prices, as I think Ward's auto has no real data source unless Elon suddenly decided to share things with them (no way), and is either fudging or outright fabricating reported sales figures. Macro is not imploding, and we could see a nice rebound before Friday.

I sold weekly put spreads 210/220. I guess I have some faith in humanity to realize this is hogwash.

I have your faith in humanity:biggrin: and TM/TSLA long term:wink:.........But I have little faith in them beating out the FUDsters short term:cursing:: Bought Puts 200/230s (last week and added today) Nov 14 expiry.

I believe the negative spin with hit a crescendo with Q3 ER, especially if Tesla is only non-GAAP positive due to ZEV credits. I expect it to be weak going into Q3 ER, as I stated before. Whatever you are doing going into Q3 ER, please examine how you would feel if TSLA drops under $200, possibly hitting $180 or even below. It might not happen, but definitely be prepared.

However, attention will soon be diverted to P85D and hopefully some Gigafactory progress as well as guidance for Q4 and the year overall. There are plenty of catalysts for a positive Q4 and year overall, so if we do drop a lot, please keep that in mind and don't freak out.

I'm going in with short term puts and longer term calls outside of my core long position.

I believe the negative spin with hit a crescendo with Q3 ER, especially if Tesla is only non-GAAP positive due to ZEV credits. I expect it to be weak going into Q3 ER, as I stated before. Whatever you are doing going into Q3 ER, please examine how you would feel if TSLA drops under $200, possibly hitting $180 or even below. It might not happen, but definitely be prepared.

However, attention will soon be diverted to P85D and hopefully some Gigafactory progress as well as guidance for Q4 and the year overall. There are plenty of catalysts for a positive Q4 and year overall, so if we do drop a lot, please keep that in mind and don't freak out.

I'm going in with short term puts and longer term calls outside of my core long position.

My feelings exactly.

On another note, that Investor's Business Daily article shows a red Tesla on a bridge in a shady area and hey, I vividly remember that photo being shared by an owner here in the TMC forum what, a year or more ago, one of the photos threads, an owner had taken these amazing, crisp shots of their car around that bridge.

A quick search on TinEye reports that this image is being used everywhere from IBD to Jalopnik and thousands of other sites, all in the last couple of months. I hope the Tesla owner is receiving lots of royalties but I doubt it :)