Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Request - Scheduled Energy Save Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the best way to request a new feature?

It would be great to include an energy saver mode schedule that will shut down systems when you don't need the car, and then energize everything when in time for when you're ready.

My Model X sits in an underground garage Monday through Thursday. During that time, the MX gets no LTE reception and I cannot check on it via the app. Since I can't communicate with it anyway, whenever I think to do it, I put it into energy save mode to minimize phantom drain. When I do this the parking attendants complain that it can take several minutes to boot the systems when they go to pull the car around. Which means, no backup camera and one dinged bumper so far.

Helpful... yes?

Interesting idea agree

This howver is what I just saw. We have a three week old Model X on 2018.24.1 12dd099 and
Controls > Displays > Energy Saving does not seem to exist.

Thoughts? I read a comment that this setting is no longer needed with current MCU version?

After a recent SW update, it appears the daily phantom energy drain on my X is down to a couple of miles a day (last four days was 6 miles). I never saw a specific Release Note for this, so may have be in the "minor misc updates".

• Informative
Reactions: Sonic_78
What's the best way to request a new feature?

It would be great to include an energy saver mode schedule that will shut down systems when you don't need the car, and then energize everything when in time for when you're ready.

My Model X sits in an underground garage Monday through Thursday. During that time, the MX gets no LTE reception and I cannot check on it via the app. Since I can't communicate with it anyway, whenever I think to do it, I put it into energy save mode to minimize phantom drain. When I do this the parking attendants complain that it can take several minutes to boot the systems when they go to pull the car around. Which means, no backup camera and one dinged bumper so far.

Helpful... yes?

I don't think there's a formal way to do it, but what I do is log into the account, go to general support inquiry, and I put my feature request in there. I do think your request is good for several reasons. You can also turn off "Always Connected" and leave energy saving mode off. It'll still drain, but not nearly as much.