Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I met a guy earlier this morning who has AP 2.5 Model X and he said he had an appointment for a "non heating steering wheel as of 14.16", Apparently the Dallas SC as of (yesterday?) didn't even know about the bug.. Needless to say, I pointed him here.

I wonder if the Dallas SC will know if the bug on Monday when I stop in, I’ll update this thread if I hear anything back from them.

So there are a few problems with this update. Perhaps better not to upgrade this one?
The thing is when you get prompted for an update you don't know what version you're going to get until after you agree to install it. Sure everyone else is getting 2018.16 but you might be the first to get 2018.18 which has all the enhanced autopilot features and full self drive enabled.

Not.

The thing is when you get prompted for an update you don't know what version you're going to get until after you agree to install it. Sure everyone else is getting 2018.16 but you might be the first to get 2018.18 which has all the enhanced autopilot features and full self drive enabled.

Not.

*chuckle*

Things we’re not likely to see soon from Tesla:

1. Pre-install car-specific release notes with car-specific change log.

2.- 25. Deleted for the sake of brevity... Something about AP2 parity with AP1, lane positioning fine tuning, media management unfarkledness (sure it’s a word), the “E” in EAP, the “FSD” in FSD, all of the kW in a pack, and a blue pony.

so I’m new here - how do we notify Tesla about the lack of steering wheel heat and seat heat. I paid extra for this feature specifically due to geographic location.
Does everyone open a case or something? Is there a google sheets tracker to track all these things? If not is there interest in one because I think it would be extremely beneficial. Just KISS - i.e. issue summary - software version - date first appeared - number of cars affected

From my observation, there is a noticeable change in font after updating to 2018.16, (only in main screen but not in ic display). While test autopilot, I can feel that the lane detection and autosteer availability icon is now showing more quickly than 2018.14.2, even available while I drive above lines.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman and TaoJones
Have SC appt tomorrow, so likely will get .16 push. Based on posts I will make sure they do not load it and I will ignore the reminders until heating bug is fixed. Despite it being warmer here I use seat heater almost all the time - works wonders for bad back.. Appreciate the heads up from other members. I will also call this out to the SC in case they are unaware of it. The more engineering requests going to Fremont the sooner they will fix it..

Came here to see if other people were having an issue with the heated steering wheel... I suspected it stopped working when I got 2018.16, so it's good to see that verified. I just had the car in for the first year service and had noticed the heated steering wheel on the AP1 P85D loaner also did not work, and it had 2018.16, too.

Reactions: hh83917
Just had mobile service and they pushed this update. The service was to replace the screen due to a yellow boarder. As a bonus he uncorked it. Even though the Mcc chip is still and the screen is much quicker. I was on 10.4.
I was about top ask if anyone else noticed a yellow border on the screen with this update, because I certainly am seeing it today and I don't remember noticing it before. But your post makes it sound like something physical with the screen. :(

I was about top ask if anyone else noticed a yellow border on the screen with this update, because I certainly am seeing it today and I don't remember noticing it before. But your post makes it sound like something physical with the screen. :(

Physical. Probably been there for a while.

They will either replace the screen or the screen+MCU, depending on what parts are available.

No, they will not replace it with MCU2.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve

You must have an early 2017 car. Happens to all of us. Wait and report it later when they replace it with a new MCU2!!!!

We also had a high pitched buzzing conning from under the steering wheel area at parts of today's trip - sounding annoys like a modem connecting. We only noticed it this morning when we were up in Maine outside of AT&T coverage - oor seemed to stop when the car got LTE coverage again.

(we are still on the return trip, albeit without slacker at the moment. But what other EV would easily let us do a 420 mile round trip in a single day)