Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.32.2 3817fdd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious. Definitely happens to me with Spotify too, though its reactions seemed a bit more mixed bag. On the FM radio side the media player UI is working fine (once it enters the "broken" state), it just refuses to honor any station selection made - keeps playing whatever station is on, but otherwise you can move around normally.

The Spotify, if it shows e.g. some recent album art or browse buttons does the same - it just doesn't react to touching the screen over those buttons, but additionally it also sometimes just goes to a waiting loop (like it is waiting for that song change to complete that never does) and thus the UI experience breaks down otherwise too... but of course given how Spotify sporadically breaks anyway, this waiting loop thing could be an unrelated incident too.

Thanks! Indeed, so it seems:

OK @AustinP, I have to amend my report a bit. I tested more based on your comments:

Spotify also works for me OK from steering wheel buttons until I operate FM with the steering wheel buttons. Once I do use FM radio with the buttons, though, Spotify also breaks down as I reported until I reboot the MCU.

OK @AustinP, I have to amend my report a bit. I tested more based on your comments:

Spotify also works for me OK from steering wheel buttons until I operate FM with the steering wheel buttons. Once I do use FM radio with the buttons, though, Spotify also breaks down as I reported until I reboot the MCU.
Ok, so same as for me.
Thanks for checking further.

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
I guess I got the update last night because my display was blank this morning and I had to reboot it. While trying to reconnect to wifi I saw this message. Looks like I'll be booking a scuba trip! ;)
IMG_0364.JPG

I did not have 28.5, my previous version was 26.2 so I never experienced that issue.
However I had no reboots during my 40 minute drive back from the SC FWIW.
Did it fix the instrument cluster rebooting when using Nav? I have a 2013 P85+ that's on 2018.28.5 that has that bug.
The update (last weekend for me) seems to have fixed it. Drove for 90 minutes with no reboots. Previously, it was every 10-15 minutes on my 2013 P85+