Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.32.2 3817fdd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX100D MCU2.5 2018.32.2

Sorry, but the thread got bloated, so I skipped to the end.

Can anyone confirm EAS auto deactivation when signaling a lane change, and lack of parallel lane recognition (left or right) even though forward looking traffic recognition still active?

MX100D MCU2.5 2018.32.2

Sorry, but the thread got bloated, so I skipped to the end.

Can anyone confirm EAS auto deactivation when signaling a lane change, and lack of parallel lane recognition (left or right) even though forward looking traffic recognition still active?

My auto lane switching was deactivated upon updating, but going into the settings and turning it back on was fine.

I've been on 2018.32.2 for a little over a week, coming from 2018.26.2. No IC crashes so far, with or without Nav. I'm glad to see that traffic information is current on the CID, and the updating seems a little smoother. AP1 works about the same as it did before (very well, within known limitations).

Bruce.

I've been on 2018.32.2 for a little over a week, coming from 2018.26.2. No IC crashes so far, with or without Nav. I'm glad to see that traffic information is current on the CID, and the updating seems a little smoother. AP1 works about the same as it did before (very well, within known limitations).

Bruce.

The general consensus is that this bug only affects non-AP cars (or the version 1 IC... which was non-AP)

Bruce.

+1. Noticed that some of the OPs having issues appear to have earlier version cars. Not sure if it would help to try and determine this.

Classic 2012 Model S.
Had major issues with .28 with IC crashes and map not updating. Received .34b4, now no more IC crashes and maps auto updating well. Also have PIN to drive for what it’s worth.
I’m OK If I don’t receive any more updates on this vehicle.

Got the pin software junk several days ago. But Now? It's trying to load ANOTHER update. don't have any idea what this is - but it's making us wana take a life ... car is occasionally so disabled that the double wheel reset doesn't work .... then .... when it's good & ready, the X comes back to life like nothing's wrong. The app says something new has just been updated - again - only the car disagrees, & keeps trying & trying ... and the yellow triangle now shows ... "bring it back to the SC again succcccker"
(sigh)
somehow the car seems to know when 6PM rolls around, so the dealer is closed - will be heading back for another visit in the
AM.

Got the update to this version last night.

I did notice that my traffic is refreshing more frequently now. Still a bit of a delay after starting up the car, but I don't have to manually refresh it or use the navigation just to get traffic updates.

I've encountered a really crummy bug though:

When listening to Slacker Streaming, if I use the steering wheel "forward" (or backward) button - it doesn't work switch streaming stations.

I can switch streaming radio channels on the media player screen, but I cannot use the steering wheel.

Even worse, if i try to switch stream channels on the wheel buttons - it seems to make my media player freeze after 2 or 3 attempts.

I've repro'd this 3-4 times on the way home from work today & each time I have to reboot the infotainment system.

Once it's frozen, it'll finish the existing song but it will not respond, even to screen inputs. You cannot change stream, cannot skip song, cannot switch to radio, either via steering wheel shortcuts or via the media player on screen. :(

If anyone else could see if this is happening to them, would appreciate it

I have with this 32.2 update the same behaviour, except with FM radio. I don't have Slacker, but Spotify (which works ok as usual).
So, the odd behaviour you describe is exactly what I have with FM stations. Anyone else?

Came here looking if anyone else had this. I got this on the Model X with the update.

If I touch the steering wheel buttons, the MCU media player sort of partially freezes. Changing FM radio stations stops working (you can still hear the station you are listening to but nothing will change the station) and also operating Spotify (here in Europe) stops working (goes into a waiting loop on the screen). Resetting the IC does not seem to have any effect on this, the buttons are broken. Resetting the MCU helps on the MCU side, though.

I've reset the MCU and IC several times and the way it seems to me is that the steering wheel buttons freeze the media player on the MCU side for whatever reason. If I reboot just the MCU and not touch the steering wheel media forward/backward buttons, FM radio and Spotify work just fine through the touchscreen, which is how I've now been operating the media player. Not optimal...

Back in the earlier days I had an odd (but protracted) issue regarding the steering wheel buttons - Instrument cluster (steering wheel) forgetting radio favorites? - but I've not had any such problems since that got fixed, until now.

• Informative
Reactions: AustinP
Came here looking if anyone else had this. I got this on the Model X with the update.

If I touch the steering wheel buttons, the MCU media player sort of partially freezes. Changing FM radio stations stops working (you can still hear the station you are listening to but nothing will change the station) and also operating Spotify (here in Europe) stops working (goes into a waiting loop on the screen). Resetting the IC does not seem to have any effect on this, the buttons are broken. Resetting the MCU helps on the MCU side, though.

I've reset the MCU and IC several times and the way it seems to me is that the steering wheel buttons freeze the media player on the MCU side for whatever reason. If I reboot just the MCU and not touch the steering wheel media forward/backward buttons, FM radio and Spotify work just fine through the touchscreen, which is how I've now been operating the media player. Not optimal...

Back in the earlier days I had an odd (but protracted) issue regarding the steering wheel buttons - Instrument cluster (steering wheel) forgetting radio favorites? - but I've not had any such problems since that got fixed, until now.

From yours and the other previous report, what is odd is that the consequence (Media player freezes) and the cause (using skip buttons) are similar but in different context.
In my case only in FM. In Spotify or TuneIn, I can use them fine.
New update is running this morning, I’ll update here if it solved it for me or not.

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
From yours and the other previous report, what is odd is that the consequence (Media player freezes) and the cause (using skip buttons) are similar but in different context.
In my case only in FM. In Spotify or TuneIn, I can use them fine.
New update is running this morning, I’ll update here if it solved it for me or not.

Curious. Definitely happens to me with Spotify too, though its reactions seemed a bit more mixed bag. On the FM radio side the media player UI is working fine (once it enters the "broken" state), it just refuses to honor any station selection made - keeps playing whatever station is on, but otherwise you can move around normally.

The Spotify, if it shows e.g. some recent album art or browse buttons does the same - it just doesn't react to touching the screen over those buttons, but additionally it also sometimes just goes to a waiting loop (like it is waiting for that song change to complete that never does) and thus the UI experience breaks down otherwise too... but of course given how Spotify sporadically breaks anyway, this waiting loop thing could be an unrelated incident too.

@AnxietyRanger I have the same on 28.5, another person reported it on 34.x. It's discussed in 28.5 thread, but no useful outcome.

Thanks! Indeed, so it seems:
Got this update yesterday morning and ever since the long press on the left steering wheel buttons to change Slacker stations don’t work. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yes, I have the same problem except that a reboot let me use the buttons on the screen until such time as I pressed any of the LH buttons on the steering wheel; as soon as I did that, the screen buttons died. My SC has been working on the problem; the engineer says he thinks the buttons need replacing but I think the coincidence with the new firmware indicates strongly that it's not a hardware problem. I will update as and when.
Not so; I have 32.4 and the audio problem introduced by 28.5 is still there.