Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.32.2 3817fdd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but the Hard Rest deletes your Trip mileage so if you were keeping total miles and total average watts/mile, you will lose that. I had the SC do that to me without asking me. I was not happy to lose my total average watts/mile.
That must have been something else done by the SC.
I've hard resetted mine after every new software release and never once I lost my mileage and statistics.

Is there anyone with a classic pre-AP Model S on this version? I'm currently on 28 and experiencing the instrument cluster reboot issue. Getting it resolved has been a debacle and Tesla does not appear to know what to do.

I called several days ago and they told me there was a firmware update that fixes the issue, but I had to bring the car in to get it. So I made the appointment. Yesterday I got a call that they wanted my appointment slot back, but that they'd push the update OTA (if this was possible, why wasn't that done in the first place?). They promised it'd be pushed by morning and wasn't, so I called again. This time they have no record of there being newer firmware available, have no record of a firmware push being requested, no record of calling me last night about it, and no idea who told me a new firmware was available.

Anyway, I was hoping to find out whether this version is compatible with the early cars before my appointment today. I was supposed to leave on a long trip tomorrow. :(

• Informative
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I had the SC do that to me without asking me. I was not happy to lose my total average watts/mile.

Austin service center did this to me as well. Because they didn't record the numbers or warn me, it cost them a star, but I did fill out a paragraph so they knew why. Service - great, people - great, resetting my all time numbers, no so great. They said there was some obscure bug with the trips being not reset for a long time (which seemed dubious).

Austin service center did this to me as well. Because they didn't record the numbers or warn me, it cost them a star, but I did fill out a paragraph so they knew why. Service - great, people - great, resetting my all time numbers, no so great. They said there was some obscure bug with the trips being not reset for a long time (which seemed dubious).
Is that really still a thing? In the past it would slow down the MCU because instead of just storing the overall mileage numbers as a counter, it kept a distance for every trip in some database and then summed them up. Clearing the database meant fewer things to sum up. Consequentially, the error in this summation is why the trip meter numbers drift away from the real odometer numbers over time. Mine was off by a dozen or so miles by the time I hit 20k without ever resetting.

But that was years ago. I'd hope that's not still a real thing.

Installed yesterday, and it might have helped with my echo on calls issue, which would be awesome. Will need to do a few more calls to confirm. However, it did reset my lowering speed to 100mph+, from where it was at (80mph). I sometimes check to see what setting I'm in while driving, and immediately noticed.

One thing I have noticed lately is quite a few more uploads when I use autopilot on urban roads (which I've always done.) This was after a 40 minute round trip on mostly urban roads.

View attachment 329702

This trend seems to have started a couple of versions ago (around 2018.26). I wonder if they're ramping up the data collection for autopilot/fsd evolution. Here's hoping...

I have noticed this too, maybe even before .26. Today I did about 60 Miles, half on side streets ... 150mb upload when I got home.

me too.. got 32.2 yesterday and its still rebooting
Same. They were able to get me this “fixed” build before I left on my trip, but it’s still happening to me as well. I let the service center know, but they have no further ideas.

Pretty disturbing that, according to a tech, a significant portion of the fleet is having this issue, and it seems Tesla is in no hurry whatsoever to resolve it.

Mine is now freezing for a minute or so before rebooting, which is actually worse: if you just glance down, it can trick you. I looked down and it said I was going 45. Oops! After the reboot I found my actual speed was 55!

so I'm new to my S85 only had it for about 3 weeks now. I have been non stop reading and learning about updates. do all cars receive these updates? or only certain models? also how do you know if you received one?

Each update rolls out differently.

Tesla is able to target cars based on a variety of factors (S vs. X, battery size, location, etc.) and often do.

There are usually lots of small rollout releases that only hit a low % of cars (based on ev-fw and so on).

Every couple months or so there is a "wide" release that goes to almost every car.

What you get is probably not totally random but for all intents and purposes as an owner, its random. You won't get every update.

• Love
Reactions: shadownddust
Took my first longer (4h) drive. Used nav the whole way. Didn't have any issues with lockup/reboots.

I did notice issues with the browser - it seems to have a mind of it's own and sometimes works and other times just doesn't do anything. And one time it did work, I tried to google something and the google homepage said it was an incompatible browser for the automated recaptcha. Not sure if that's due to a change on google's end, or something with this new firmware.

As far as TACC/AS performance. Doesn't seem much different than my prior version (2018.26). Possibly a little less jittery on AS. And slightly smoother on TACC, with a little more reliable vehicle detection. Auto lane changes seemed about the same.

Don't remember this before, but some songs on slacker seem to vary a fair bit in their volume level. First time I found myself having to adjust volume so much...

HI , I just got the load pushed during my first annual service check. This may have been covered in deeper into the thread but here goes: my car is a MS 90D,mid 2017, MCU1 AP2 EAP, FSD opted for . They replaced my yellowing MCU1 display, actually replaced the entire MCU 1 with another MCU1. Screen is pretty responsive and im seeing the smoother nav people talked about. Ive had the new maps for a while , no change there. internet is still slow but not as slow as it was a few versions back, nothing to write home about. AP is not quite the same as .28. 6 I would say a little more jumpy in some situations and very calm in others . essentially the same as 28.6 . Down indexing the speed on off ramps and on ramps is working fine but the lane centering had more jumps for some reason. very usable though if you time your entry speed and turn signals/lane change application. I've had two phantom breaking episodes ( tree shadows, looking like stopped cars, that's sort of new) and two grab the wrong lane through an intersection situations ( also new on a road it did'nt do that before) . The going around a longish curve then coming upon stopped cars at a light ( zero velocity) is still not working , I am always looking so I just hit the brakes and take it out of AP, but for the distracted, that is still dangerous. Stopping or slowing at stopped cars in its field of view works fine. just not the ones that suddenly appear off axis of the radar width. Visual object acquisition broader than the radar is still a little slow in that case ( it was like that in 28.6). I use AP on side streets, twisty roads and highways, it is very stable and repeatable on my commute days. right now after two 25 mile drives this version seems a little less stable than .28.6 but I have also found to " give it a week" and it stabilizes some more, or I just get used to it. I t might be just me but regen does seems less aggressive to the point I had to put on the brakes where I would have just let Re-gen slow me down. I did notice at night the high beams were doing a lot of switching to " see" a little more aggressively than previous loads but it wasn't worrisome just noticeable. Even intermittent wipers works at the right time for me :) Bring on connection to the NAV, high way to highway (get to off ramp to on ramp and merge ) Nav based lane transitions. THEN, stop at a stop light with no car in front. maybe stop at a stop sign or two ( I know what I am asking :) . right turns into oncoming traffic ( yeah right!) THEN left turns anyone? I'll be patient.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Doctt
Oh and if you get a new MCU replaced be prepared to take time to put ALL of your settings back in . It took me an hour to go through each screen, and then readjust everything ( and I mean everything) . including another door opener programming session