Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No longer random updates. Sorry to keepers of this thread that want to keep it on point. So at least we know a way to get ahead of the line. Not just limited to 3 performance any longer.

Hopefully rewards come sooner than the others.

Might be a way to keep the calls to service about updates to people that really have car issues with being stuck on updates or actual mechanical issues.
View attachment 342058
Where did you see this? Website?

Some people have reported that after driving with the new update for a while (50 to 100 miles) the renders became much more stable and accurate, and speculated it might have been the cameras calibrating. Have you noticed any improvements as you drive more, or is it just as jumpy as when you first installed it?
Have only driven another 50 miles since the update - cars still a little jumpy. Will monitor to see if it changes in the next couple days

We are all sitting here...begging for updates....Such disrespect from the Tesla corporation. They dont care about investors and they care even less about their customers.....Shame.

If the update isn’t ready, it isn’t ready. Us needing to wait a while for an update is a pretty minor thing in the grand scheme of things, no matter how exciting it is. It could be worse, we might have cars that never get updates at all, like nearly every other car out there.

If the update isn’t ready, it isn’t ready. Us needing to wait a while for an update is a pretty minor thing in the grand scheme of things, no matter how exciting it is. It could be worse, we might have cars that never get updates at all, like nearly every other car out there.
If the updates isn't ready then do not announse it- thats precisely my point. Tesla organization became infected with Musk-like penchant for making statements that have no relation to the truth. Setting deadlines that arent met, making promises to customers that aren't delivered on...and so on. Trumping version 9 and then holding back the key feature, sounds like " Funding Secured" BS.
That sort of attitude is never appropriate for a corporation that wants to be taken seriously.

This is where good customer communication comes in.

The problem we have now is people are expecting an update, and they're calling an already overtasked customer support.

The information they're being told is to wait a day or two, and then call the service center to make sure nothing is blocking the update. I think we can all agree that's not something the SC's can handle.

We know from Teslafi, and customer reports that the updates have stalled out. Clearly there is something wrong, and needs to be fixed.

Tesla should communicate that to customers through the various channels (Email, blog, app, etc).

It's also important to let existing V9 owners know what's going on so they know whether there is anything they should be concerned about.

At the very least it would save me $50. I keep refreshing the Teslafi site to the point where I'm starting to feel guilty. I might join just to apologize for hitting refresh so much. :p

Reactions: djgarrett21
You must have not done a trial yet if you expect the service to be free. I’ll be signing up with the swiftness once my trial period ends. I can’t imagine not having it at this point.

I'm keeping track of the number of subscribers before V9, and after this V9 fiasco.

The subscribe rate seems to be jumping because of awareness of Teslfi. It doesn't offer anything I want, but I can definitely see the benefits of it.

Fun stuff. Click clack clunk... scared the crap out of me. I swear the car will drive back on its own to Fremont plant. Lol.

Attachments

• D3A2EB88-1EF6-41BF-9786-47376230286D.jpeg
    D3A2EB88-1EF6-41BF-9786-47376230286D.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 98
  • FBECED10-1098-44AD-A485-33212C1B94CE.jpeg
    FBECED10-1098-44AD-A485-33212C1B94CE.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS