Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update Frequency

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me or has the frequency of software updates dropped significantly. Seems like a a year or two ago I was getting an update every 8-10 weeks. Now, it seems like 3-4 months go by with minor changes, new games, but nothing of significance.

Is it just me or has the frequency of software updates dropped significantly. Seems like a a year or two ago I was getting an update every 8-10 weeks. Now, it seems like 3-4 months go by with minor changes, new games, but nothing of significance.

There’s been a lot of behind the scenes work happening. That slowed down what we see quite a bit …. But stand by, it seems the floodgates are about to open.

It all depends on the hardware that you have... Mine is still in 2020 version, MCU/HW3/FSD. The recall for replacement of eMMC is not complete yet.. I am thinking this with my MCU1/HW3 combination has put me a some kind of freeze for the time being...

Yes, but I suspect that is the huge focus on FSD going on atm (along with the new UX in the refreshed model S etc). Of course, there are many different teams within Tesla, so we still see SOME updates, but mostly small add-on stuff (not to say things like Car Wash mode aren't welcome).

Multiple lines of effort this year: FSD Beta, Vision only, Model S refresh, maybe cyber truck, and everyone else. Lots of variance to build and test for until these efforts truly merge. Software team probably going through some growing pains.