Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never had an easy software update. The 1st thing I do when the icon pops up is delete my Wifi network in the car then reconnect. This was suggested in a video I saw on YouTube about update troubleshooting. Then the update will begin- I get the green line- this usually takes 30 minutes. Everything looks good, right? Wrong. After that the orange clock will pop up and tell me an update is ready, which is really irritating. So I schedule the update, which takes another 30 minutes. The 2nd time I do the update the app will show "Software update in progress," which doesn't happen when I do the 1st update. Has anyone else experienced this? As I said, it's very irritating to have to do every update twice.

I've never had an easy software update. The 1st thing I do when the icon pops up is delete my Wifi network in the car then reconnect. This was suggested in a video I saw on YouTube about update troubleshooting. Then the update will begin- I get the green line- this usually takes 30 minutes. Everything looks good, right? Wrong. After that the orange clock will pop up and tell me an update is ready, which is really irritating. So I schedule the update, which takes another 30 minutes. The 2nd time I do the update the app will show "Software update in progress," which doesn't happen when I do the 1st update. Has anyone else experienced this? As I said, it's very irritating to have to do every update twice.
How many WiFi bars do you see for signal strength, that’s one thing. Go to your web browser in the car and do a speed test. www.speedtest.net Make sure you select a server close to you, the download will be lower then the upload but should stay steady.

Don’t reconnect like what that video said to do, leave it alone. If you have 2.4ghz and 5ghz, select the 2.4 as it travels further. The 5ghz is a faster download but it has issues going thru garage walls etc.

And last, make sure that “Keep Climate On” is turned off.

Fred