Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have HDW3- MC-1- with FSD I am still on version 2020.48.37.8. The last two updates did not move me any closer to FSD. I wonder if MC-1 is up tp the task. I was in the advanced group receiving updates early for the first 2 and one half years and then I dropped to last. Anyone else having this problem.
There is no FSD beta right now for MCU1. You will probably be waiting a long time.

I dont’t know but Tesla is doing a dirty game. I watch all 4 last days. They don’t follow 100-99%.
If you see last four dayes over 3500 texla kars updated from firmvare 2921.32.21 to new one 2021.36.5.5. Mine is 2021.32.22 only 10 teslas got update from this group. This mean they are lying when they said (%) is importat. Fu… you lying idiots.
What month and year was your car built? It’s on a sticker in your driver side door jamb. If that sticker says something earlier than August 2017 you need a physical camera upgrade (that isn’t offered yet) and you won’t get FSD until it’s done.

05/17 ?!?!

Attachments

• CDAD5886-EDEB-482C-AB04-DB0202EB067C.jpeg
    CDAD5886-EDEB-482C-AB04-DB0202EB067C.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 83
It is 05/2017
Ok. So you need a camera upgrade. See here.

You’ll get one, for free, eventually. But they just admitted AP 2.0 cars need this upgrade last week and there’s no timeline as to when they’ll start providing it, so get comfortable.

My tesla app show full FSD

You’ll get one, for free, eventually. But they just admitted AP 2.0 cars need this upgrade last week and there’s no timeline as to when they’ll start providing it, so get comfortable.
No I don’t wantet. I remember when I got my car after upgradet i drove for 30 minutes for nee cameras to calibrate it.

Ok.

Needing camera calibration does not mean your cameras were changed. They weren’t. You need new cameras.
I am sorry but you are wrong. My car has everything needed to operate FSD. Problem is only fuc…* Tesla who do false classified 99-100% theory. Today still continue update 612 cars most of them model 3 all firmware 2021.32.21 forwardet to 2021.36.5.5. And only 17 cars model S upgradet from 2021.32.22 to ne firmware 2021.36.5.3. ?!!!

• Disagree
Reactions: ucmndd
I am sorry but you are wrong. My car has everything needed to operate FSD. Problem is only fuc…* Tesla who do false classified 99-100% theory. Today still continue update 612 cars most of them model 3 all firmware 2021.32.21 forwardet to 2021.36.5.5. And only 17 cars model S upgradet from 2021.32.22 to ne firmware 2021.36.5.3. ?!!!
Ok sport, you’re right. It must just be that Tesla doesn’t like you.

Maybe if you improve your personal likability score from ~45 to 💯 or 99 they’ll relent and send it to you?

Who’s talking to 2016 tesla cars? Not me…

Who’s talking to 2016 tesla cars? Not me…
I don’t know how much clearer I can be about this, but I’ll try one last time.

ALL cars that originally shipped with Autopilot 2.0 hardware - meaning EVERY SINGLE Model S and X produced between October 2016 and August 2017 - need new autopilot cameras before they will receive the FSD software.

Your car was built in May 2017. It originally shipped with Autopilot 2.0. Therefore it needs new cameras, which will be provided to you for free, at some date in the future. Then, and only then, will your car receive the FSD software.

So, pull up a chair and get comfortable. It’s gonna be a while.

I don’t know how much clearer I can be about this, but I’ll try one last time.

ALL cars that originally shipped with Autopilot 2.0 hardware - meaning EVERY SINGLE Model S and X produced between October 2016 and August 2017 - need new autopilot cameras before they will receive the FSD software.

Your car was built in May 2017. It originally shipped with Autopilot 2.0. Therefore it needs new cameras, which will be provided to you for free, at some date in the future. Then, and only then, will your car receive the FSD software.

So, pull up a chair and get comfortable. It’s gonna be a while.
If its true I’m asking why this stupid idiots sending then to my car Safety score ? They are bullying with they’re costumers? They got 10.000$ over the car price of 98.000$ and again playing dirty game with their costumers? No I’m not will pull up a chair. I will fight gor my rights with all not well educated bastards…

• Disagree
Reactions: Bill Price

Hi Korcar, I am sorry you are in this situation and I could see how this is "unfair." You paid for FSD and an upgrade of the computer, as I did as well. At that time we thought that would be all that is needed (and Tesla said or implied as much).

That said more recently Tesla has said that cars with AP2.0 cameras would need camera updates. Tesla did not start shipping AP2.5 until around 7/17. So while your computer was upgraded from AP2.0 to AP3, the cameras were not (because nobody has had that done yet).

Those customers with AP2.5 do have the full color cameras necessary and if they did the AP3 computer upgrade are now getting FSD.

It doesn't help that the camera and computer dates are different and even some newer vehicle got old MCUs. So you may have some cars with AP2.0 cameras with old and new MCUs and AP2.5 cameras with old MCUs. AP2.5 and AP3.0 cameras are the same. Cars that were AP2.5 (new cameras w Nvidia computer) that got the new Tesla computer are now AP3. Things like TeslaFi only report on the computer. So if you had AP2.0 and upgraded the computer, TeslaFi will report it as AP3 but it still has the old non FSD capable camera.

To complicate it further Tesla also shipped AP2.5/3 cameras on S/Xs that had no cabin camera. So across the line up there is a mix of AP2/3 cameras, cabin cameras, and AP2.5/AP3 computers. There is no way (as far as I know) to tell the difference between a car that has AP2 vs AP2.5/3 cameras, except if you have a cabin camera then you do have AP2.5/3 cameras. Even if you have the older computer you may be lucky and have newer cameras (yes that DID happen for a period of time). But if you have the AP3 computer, that does not automatically mean you have AP2.5/3 cameras.

You don't need the cabin camera for FSD. But you do need the Tesla computer (AP3) not Nvidia based (AP2.5) and full color cameras (that started shipping in AP2.5 cars). Somebody can probably make a nice graphic to show all of the dates changes and dependencies :)

The good news is Tesla will eventually upgrade your AP2.0 cameras, as they did the computer, because you already paid for FSD.

The bad news is you have AP2.0 cameras and not AP2.5/3 cameras (which didn't start shipping until after your car was manufactured).

I think you have some right to be unhappy/upset, but as others have stated your car does not have all the hardware necessary to get FSD Beta.

Last edited:
Look at his sentence structure? With grammar like that, surely he's a genius? Please don't make fun of genius people?
Hey bill. How many languages are you speaking? Do you ever try to learn any foreign languages? I’ll try. It is hard. I’m not a Genius with a good grammar becouse I am not a Bill. I zm a honestly man. Do you know anybody honestly arround you
Hi Korcar, I am sorry you are in this situation and I could see how this is "unfair." You paid for FSD and an upgrade of the computer, as I did as well. At that time we thought that would be all that is needed (and Tesla said or implied as much).

That said more recently Tesla has said that cars with AP2.0 cameras would need camera updates. Tesla did not start shipping AP2.5 until around 7/17. So while your computer was upgraded from AP2.0 to AP3, the cameras were not (because nobody has had that done yet).

Those customers with AP2.5 do have the full color cameras necessary and if they did the AP3 computer upgrade are now getting FSD.

It doesn't help that the camera and computer dates are different and even some newer vehicle got old MCUs. So you may have some cars with AP2.0 cameras with old and new MCUs and AP2.5 cameras with old MCUs. AP2.5 and AP3.0 cameras are the same. Cars that were AP2.5 (new cameras w Nvidia computer) that got the new Tesla computer are now AP3. Things like TeslaFi only report on the computer. So if you had AP2.0 and upgraded the computer, TeslaFi will report it as AP3 but it still has the old non FSD capable camera.

To complicate it further Tesla also shipped AP2.5/3 cameras on S/Xs that had no cabin camera. So across the line up there is a mix of AP2/3 cameras, cabin cameras, and AP2.5/AP3 computers. There is no way (as far as I know) to tell the difference between a car that has AP2 vs AP2.5/3 cameras, except if you have a cabin camera then you do have AP2.5/3 cameras. Even if you have the older computer you may be lucky and have newer cameras (yes that DID happen for a period of time). But if you have the AP3 computer, that does not automatically mean you have AP2.5/3 cameras.

You don't need the cabin camera for FSD. But you do need the Tesla computer (AP3) not Nvidia based (AP2.5) and full color cameras (that started shipping in AP2.5 cars). Somebody can probably make a nice graphic to show all of the dates changes and dependencies :)

The good news is Tesla will eventually upgrade your AP2.0 cameras, as they did the computer, because you already paid for FSD.

The bad news is you have AP2.0 cameras and not AP2.5/3 cameras (which didn't start shipping until after your car was manufactured).

I think you have some right to be unhappy/upset, but as others have stated your car does not have all the hardware necessary to get FSD Beta.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. But I want to contact those people who sell computers for FSD and do not include cameras in the device. It's like buying the left shoe and for the right one, get it later when it is ready. I invested all this money and time I hoped to do business with honest PEOPLE but now I realize that fraud is the mother of every business that runs only for $ and not for human relations. And if with the word fraud they are not satisfied I will tell them that they really steal my time. As for Safety SCORE BETA was another big mockery of them. They did not have to send it to those devices that could not use this software. They had to make an explanation for us that we paid a mountain of money in anticipation of this day (FSD).. and inadvertently we were the first to help with our $$$$ and our confidence to get Tesla where it is today. And when the party started we were left at the end. This made me lose all interest and trust in Musk and his ego to get rich unjustly and in this way.

Hey bill. How many languages are you speaking? Do you ever try to learn any foreign languages?
Well, lemme see here........English, of course, French, Spanish, Italian and Norwegian........oh, and Latin also, although I can't say I've spoken any Latin in several years. Might have a little trouble with that if I run into someone speaking Latin. Chances of that are slim to none though. I speak enough German to get by, but a true German would know I am NOT German, although my family is descended from German and Welsh stock.