Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software updates - details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - where do I see details of what has been updated/changed following a software update?
When you get in the car after an update it generally pops up, otherwise go into the menu, service, and ... software release notes or something? I honestly can't remember the wording without looking.

But more often than not it might just say cold weather improvements, they generally are not as detailed as you might be used to with other products.

the new update release note ( also listed under SW in the display) lists the new additions/ changes in the update
That is a valid place to look, assuming that you receive every update. I went from 2021.4.21 to 2021.32.22 earlier this year. I assumed that the release notes would only cover the changes from the previous released version. Thus I need to review the release notes for (major releases only) 2021.11, .12, .24, .31, and .32. Doable but not "user friendly". The latest change from 2021.32.22 to 2021.36.5 is only a three major release release note review process.

Tesla CAN provide detailed release notes (see example below), and hopefully this approach will make it over from FSD Beta to general releases at some point. It would be really helpful to know e.g. if they had tweaked some aspect of Autopilot rather than having to guess or rely on speculation on here...

release-notes.jpg

Reactions: Adopado