Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software upgrade infinite loop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning got the 42.4 upgrade notification on my phone so upgraded.

20 minutes or so later, checked the phone said it was done and at 42.4. It then said there was another update. Cool! Download... Install... Check... Hmmmm... 42.4 still.

20 minutes or so later, checked the phone said it was done and at 42.4. It then said there was another update. Cool! Download... Install... Check... Hmmmm... 42.4 still.

I have upgraded to 42.4 6 times today. Rebooted phone, rebooted car...

Is it groundhog day?

Contact Customer Service and tell them what's going on. They will need to interrupt your update and stop it. They will pass the problem to the mothership engineer team. They are the only ones that can fix/stop it. Seen this before. Don't waste any more time expecting it to stop doing it, itself.

This morning got the 42.4 upgrade notification on my phone so upgraded.

I have upgraded to 42.4 6 times today. Rebooted phone, rebooted car...

Is it groundhog day?

I am having the same issue today. It appears that the update installed OK but then I get the notification that it is ready again. Did you call customer support and did they fix it?

This is happening to me and support suggested I power off the car (from the Controls->Security menu), wait 3 minutes before powering it on, then soft-reset (with the two steering wheel buttoms). But that didn’t fix it for me.