Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Version 20.49.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The release notes for 20.49 are live.
Tesla said:
January 2021
Version 20.49

Improved security for local gateway interface for Gateway 1 and Gateway 2

Updated support for utility grid connections in Japan, Italy, Germany and Switzerland

November 2020
Version 20.40

Improved multiphase metering for Gateway 2 systems

Improved off-grid and backup heat mode behavior

Updated version number scheme for software releases

Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet
looks like the PVOutput java uploader is now working again thanks to bankstownbloke. the various python uploaders are broken, but someone posted a quick and dirty python program over on the PVO forums.

is there a cloud API for this stuff? i wonder if it would be better for PVO to just try to get the PW data from tesla's servers rather than playing whack-a-mole with surprise local API changes...

ya as it turns out i am using that library as part of a script that pulls the data off the powerwall and sends it to PVO. but the last 2 days were a mad scramble to fix the monitoring and i can easily see that happening again. i don't actually log the data locally so a network outage would still hit me with the local API. and i assume the gateway would store some number of samples and eventually upload them to tesla's cloud when the network returned (my inverter does this, but who knows, maybe tesla doesn't.)

For those that use Powershell to read local stats from the GW, post 20.49.0 this works:

Powershell 7.1 example:

Authenticating is simple:

$postParams = @{"username"="customer";"email"="PW Customer email address";"password"="PW Customer password"}
$tokens = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri https://your GW address/api/login/Basic -SkipCertificateCheck -Method POST -Body $postParams

Amongst other garbage a value for AuthCookie will be returned

To create the cookie:

$base = New-Object Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WebRequestSession
$cook = New-Object System.Net.Cookie('AuthCookie',The returned cookie value,'/','your GW address')
$base.Cookies.Add($cook)

And then just add the cookie header to your usual request:

$usualstuff = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri 'https://your GW address/api/meters/aggregates' -SkipCertificateCheck -WebSession $base

If you have not created a Customer login, just browse to the gateway and follow the instructions for registering one. As part of the process you will have to toggle the switch on the side of one of your Powerwalls so if you only have one don't do this when you are in backup mode.

E&OE

Reactions: fragchild
Our software was updated to 20.49.0 last week. I typically have a web browser open to the gateway throughout the day so that I can monitor production and consumption. I noticed that the new security requires me to log in whereas I could view this information without logging in before. Is anyone else having the problem where the login only works once? I've used the option to reset the password twice in the past week. It works and allows me to log in and view the power flow animation, change network settings, view the summary, etc. However, when I try to log in again the next day, I get the message that my credentials are bad. Is anyone else having a problem logging in? I know I'm using the correct password as I keep setting it to the same thing and have confirmed with a screenshot that I'm entering the correct password.

upload_2021-2-26_7-41-4.png

Our software was updated to 20.49.0 last week. I typically have a web browser open to the gateway throughout the day so that I can monitor production and consumption. I noticed that the new security requires me to log in whereas I could view this information without logging in before. Is anyone else having the problem where the login only works once? I've used the option to reset the password twice in the past week. It works and allows me to log in and view the power flow animation, change network settings, view the summary, etc. However, when I try to log in again the next day, I get the message that my credentials are bad. Is anyone else having a problem logging in? I know I'm using the correct password as I keep setting it to the same thing and have confirmed with a screenshot that I'm entering the correct password.

View attachment 640204
I have not been able to connect using my web browser since the update. It isn't recognizing my credentials nor will it allow me to change my password. I even tried cycling one of the powerwalls per the instructions on Tesla's website. I filled out a contact form almost a week ago and haven't heard back.

I have not been able to connect using my web browser since the update. It isn't recognizing my credentials nor will it allow me to change my password. I even tried cycling one of the powerwalls per the instructions on Tesla's website. I filled out a contact form almost a week ago and haven't heard back.
I guess that's "good" to hear I'm not the only one having problems with credentials. We've been able to change the password by cycling the switch on a Powerwall but then the password only works once.

Hopefully the next update fixes the credentials issue.

I guess that's "good" to hear I'm not the only one having problems with credentials. We've been able to change the password by cycling the switch on a Powerwall but then the password only works once.

Hopefully the next update fixes the credentials issue.

I have 20.49.0 and use the local API quite extensively. Once my system was upgraded my scripts all started to fail. I then logged in directly to the TEG as customer and it said the system was not registered. I ran through the wizard and the system's status came up on the web site. I then updated my scripts to refresh the auth token every hour (which is overkill - I'm sure the token actually lives longer than that) and it's been working fine since. Never had to change the password and my previously set up user password worked post "upgrade" to 20.49.0. Another thing to note is that the email address doesn't seem to be used for authentication, I use [email protected] but with the right password and it works fine.

I have 20.49.0 and use the local API quite extensively. Once my system was upgraded my scripts all started to fail. I then logged in directly to the TEG as customer and it said the system was not registered. I ran through the wizard and the system's status came up on the web site. I then updated my scripts to refresh the auth token every hour (which is overkill - I'm sure the token actually lives longer than that) and it's been working fine since. Never had to change the password and my previously set up user password worked post "upgrade" to 20.49.0. Another thing to note is that the email address doesn't seem to be used for authentication, I use [email protected] but with the right password and it works fine.
Since you have automated scripts, I'm betting they are keeping your session active and the password isn't expiring. I did notice that before logging in, it does show Registration: Incomplete. I'll try resetting the password again and see if I can complete the registration and see if that makes any difference in the password persisting.

Since you have automated scripts, I'm betting they are keeping your session active and the password isn't expiring. I did notice that before logging in, it does show Registration: Incomplete. I'll try resetting the password again and see if I can complete the registration and see if that makes any difference in the password persisting.

Quite possible, though I've had a night or two when the script fails and doesn't reconnect but when I kicked it the next morning it worked fine. Let us know if registration changes anything!

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I am still showing registration incomplete (despite multiple attempts,) but I have no trouble logging in (switching the login type to "customer".) I am currently set to the default password, and, as @gpez noted, I found that it does not matter what email address is provided.

I have been more lazy and have not updated my local scripts, so there is nothing keeping any session alive.

I am still showing registration incomplete (despite multiple attempts,) but I have no trouble logging in (switching the login type to "customer".)

Same here. My username and custom password from before the update still work after the update, but every time I log in it tells me registration is incomplete. Even though I’ve completed it every time I log in.
/shrug

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker