Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Tariff (Anti-Dumping Tax)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking online to see what the state of this is. It seems like we're waiting for Trump to make up his mind, but while searching I also found that that there was an existing tariff from 2012

Final ITC Decision on SolarWorld’s China-US Solar Trade Complaint

Then looking at the ITC site their numbers are totally different

https://www.trade.gov/press/press-r...-imports-of-solar-cells-from-china-101012.asp

Then to make things even more complicated the HTS site shows no duties during import

Harmonized Tariff Schedule Search

Does anyone know the actual state of solar panel import duties? Since there's a huge wait on SolarCity for solar tiles and I need a roof now (thanks Irma, you bitch) I'm debating buying local or importing but I can't seem to find a concrete answer.

Last i saw what was asked for and what they are pushing is a lot lower on the tariff front. but still a 30% or there abouts tax

If you are not hooked on Solar City, have you reached out to other companies for Solar. I'm not pushing anything, but one TESLA owner you can reach out to. Jimmy Kim [email protected] worth a try anyway.

Last i saw what was asked for and what they are pushing is a lot lower on the tariff front. but still a 30% or there abouts tax

If you are not hooked on Solar City, have you reached out to other companies for Solar. I'm not pushing anything, but one TESLA owner you can reach out to. Jimmy Kim [email protected] worth a try anyway.

I saw those links as well but it seems that there is another tariff that pre-dates the 2017 proposed ones. Funny enough because of the SolarCity delays is why I started looking around. I'll shoot him an email thanks.