Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarCity (SCTY)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just be aware that the article is talking about grid parity of retail electric prices versus retail solar installations (while the picture in the article shows a utility scale solar plant). That's still great news, but don't expect utilities to dump their nat gas power plants in favor of solar anytime soon (unless forced to by mandates) since solar is still 4x the price of nat gas at the utility level.

I remember that speculation the last time they did that same day and time report but there was no partnership announced then

Yep , Same thing has been said before. Although there is news that came out recently that next year Tesla will offer battery storage at competitive pricing. It has also been stated that in 2018 (or was it 2017) battery backup will be offered with every SCTY install. I think they could offer some news on more battery storage that is coming next year but I would not count on it in this earnings call.

I would not rule out a SCTY/TSLA announcement but I would not bet on it (this quarter)

I think SCTY will follow the market tomorrow and move up after earnings report.

Someone recently shopped SolarCity for a 10 kWh pack from Tesla. The quoted price forna 10 year lease was $1500 down plus $15/month. Discounting at 9%, this has a present value of $2684. If an average of 7.5 kWh is discharged each day, this works out to a levelized cost of about $0.10 per kWh. This strikes me as a pretty reasonable price. The value of having backup when the grid is down may prove to be the tipping point for many.

Status
Not open for further replies.