Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solution to saving energy in cold weather (no heater required)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A fogged up windshield still requires the Model 3's heating system and fan (which draws significant power) to be turned on, unless you have something like VW e-Golf's brilliant in-glass heated front windshield. Then, a heated steering wheel (missing in the Model 3 but available in pretty well all comparably priced cars nowadays), together with heated seats (they do work good in the Model 3), all individually selectable, would be great..

“but available in pretty well all comparably priced cars”.

This statement “when used to illustrate why Tesla is lacking”, is a crazy game of give and take, anyone can use to swing a message they are trying to convince people about.

I mean the functions, features, and capabilities the model 3 has over the E-Golf is huge. There are features the E-Golf has that the model 3 doesn’t as well. This is the same give and take game you can play with every car. Every car can’t have everything.

What you’re really saying or implying is, “I paid a premium price, so Tesla should have every feature and function every other car has, that is less money, or in the same price range.”
That’s a pretty crazy argument. It doesn’t work that way. You have to ask yourself, which car has the overall package that works best for you, then buy it.
You did that when you bought the model 3. (I assume you own one).
So now your complaining that it doesn’t have something it should, because you found another vehicle that is similar in price that does .... crazy logic.

FWIW:
Here is a list I found of car manufacturers that have some cars with heated windscreens.
  • Ford Motor Company
  • Land/Range Rover
  • Jaguar
  • Volkswagen
  • Vauxhall
  • Aston Martin
  • Skoda
  • Mini
  • Nissan