Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! That's awesome, looks like you hit the jackpot! How was the rest of it? Paint/body?
It was nearly perfect. I am SUPER anal and a detail freak. Literally the only thing still on it was a bit of glue on the black trim around the passenger window, about 2 inches long. It came right off while I was there. I was mentally prepared to reject the car after reading all the horror stories. Figured anything more than that would be a bonus. We do not even have a follow-up service appointment needed.

It was nearly perfect. I am SUPER anal and a detail freak. Literally the only thing still on it was a bit of glue on the black trim around the passenger window, about 2 inches long. It came right off while I was there. I was mentally prepared to reject the car after reading all the horror stories. Figured anything more than that would be a bonus. We do not even have a follow-up service appointment needed.
That's awesome man, very happy for you. I'm bringing my brother and my wife whenever I end up picking one up - far more detail oriented than me. I care, I just don't have the eyes they do!

I've always been in the 'wait for the 4680' crowd, but if I could get one like yours I'd accept it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: goin2drt
That's awesome man, very happy for you. I'm bringing my brother and my wife whenever I end up picking one up - far more detail oriented than me. I care, I just don't have the eyes they do!

I've always been in the 'wait for the 4680' crowd, but if I could get one like yours I'd accept it in a heartbeat.
Yeah my wife has the eye for the paint. Once I got home I took my LED detail light to the front where PPF is getting applied tomorrow to see if I needed to do some paint correction before application and that area was good. I will check the rest after we get it back and I do a full detail when it gets a bit warmer.

We were going to take whatever we got in terms of the spec (intel, etc etc). We are new to Tesla. At the end of the day this will be my wife's DD. THERE IS NO WAY she would be able to tell the difference between processors. The battery is a stupid easy replacement if it went bad in a couple of years and we already bought new AS tires and wheels. Bottom line we have no intent of keeping the car past the warranty so when that happens there will be a newer, fresher model anyways.

The only thing that would have caused a rejection is if something needed to be repainted. I just don't think I could have been good with that and I know I would see that any of the body shops would not be able to match color perfectly.