Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was assigned a VIN today NF379xxx and reached out to Tesla via chat for MCU updates, and they told me a sales advisor would need to reach out. But i'm guessing based on @systemr's post that it has intel and I will need to reject it for Ryzen.
You may be okay, if this poster has a legit source and the info is legit.

Can’t say my reliable source or the reasoning (for private reasons), but I got word that any Tesla’s created this week forward (so any being officially created as we speak now) should have AMD confirmed. To put it bluntly, there were delays holding up the AMD’s so they had to use Intel’s for a little bit. Idk if this is public knowledge, but didn’t sound like it from my source, so being private to respect that. But take that info as you wish!

Reactions: Prax
Interesting, thanks for this. I'll wait for a SA to reach out and if they confirm Ryzen, i'll accept.
So the problem would be that the VIN is 379; this info I shared is for any being created this week and forward, which I’m assuming would be VINs past 380 or 381 since I’ve heard some people already getting 380 VINs assigned to them last week. Don’t have an official VIN starting number, just that any created this week onward would be back to AMD since they got them all back in after the delays.

Well my 378xxx VIN has AMD according to the SA I just spoke to, so maybe it's a lottery. Spoke to two different ones and triple checked with the last that they looked at my specific VIN so unless they are outright lying feeling pretty good!

Anybody know if there is any way to check externally when picking it up? I think you have to "accept" to get inside right? Can you tell from the outside?

Reactions: Stook02ss
Well my 378xxx VIN has AMD according to the SA I just spoke to, so maybe it's a lottery. Spoke to two different ones and triple checked with the last that they looked at my specific VIN so unless they are outright lying feeling pretty good!

Anybody know if there is any way to check externally when picking it up? I think you have to "accept" to get inside right? Can you tell from the outside?
I am getting ready to call the NJ dealership and tell them to "release" my (VIN#F3777XX) to the wild! Can they tell me that I am not allowed to? Other guys on here are doing it so I should be able to. Worst case scenario I will get another VIN# with an Intel Chip and then I will cancel and order it again for another $250.

I am getting ready to call the NJ dealership and tell them to "release" my (VIN#F3777XX) to the wild! Can they tell me that I am not allowed to? Other guys on here are doing it so I should be able to. Worst case scenario I will get another VIN# with an Intel Chip and then I will cancel and order it again for another $250.
I think the contract actually states you can reject at least one VIN. They may end up assigning you another with in a day or two though, possibly from the same batch..... at which point you may need to accept or cancel. Or at least that's what I gather based on what I've read.

I think the contract actually states you can reject at least one VIN. They may end up assigning you another with in a day or two though, possibly from the same batch..... at which point you may need to accept or cancel. Or at least that's what I gather based on what I've read.
I have also read that other more experienced SA's know to place the VIN on a temporary hold and then release it back into the system so it has time to purge itself. Some one said that they released / rejected their VIN and days later they got the same VIN#. I may ask to them to unlock "manage" and remove my Tow hitch and send it back through. This may increase my odds of getting a Ryzen chip and I really don't need a factory installed tow hitch since it would obly be for a bike rack which I could always add an aftermarket one down the road.

Oh god when are you people going to stop playing games with Tesla? First let’s put hold for BBB plan, now I am rejecting because it’s intel. Come on now. They add new stuff all the time or remove, you will never win this game.
When are you people going to understand that waiting a month or two is worth it to some of us to possibly get a $7,500 tax rebate, latest computer hardware and different tires? The tires alone are a big deal for many people - the summers are crap in the winter and wear down much faster than the AS4s.

Right now, the fact that there are AMD in circulation, your comment is silly. People here have rejected VINs with Intel and gotten AMD a few days later. You're suggesting they should just not worry about it and be happy w/ the Intel and summer tires... instead of rolling the dice and waiting a few days to get tires they can actually use and the latest computer hardware?