Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Model X observations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked my CPO Model S at Austin, TX service center this week.
I saw quite a few Model X prepared for the delivery and the people there told that they have delivered certain number of cars already (I don't want to disclose the number but I thought it was respectful in comparison to the total number (~1500) of existing signature Model X out there ).

Also while technicians were programming the new keys for my Model S I got to look at the white Model X they were preparing for the delivery. I was not allowed to sit in this car, but they were kind enough to open the doors and allow me to look inside. I should say I was really stunned by the quality of the build and how Model X looks inside and outside in person. It definitely looks even more stunning then in the pictures 1) It has a lot of distinct character look, something of a bird look in it, 2) the interior quality is just jaw dropping and if feels “just right”, e.g., how seats look, spacing between them, even display seemed of higher quality than in my Model S.

I think once more people see it in person it will sell as hotcakes. I’m definitely eagerly waiting for an opportunity to test drive it.

Yep. If it wasn't for the design similaritys with the Model S , one looks like if it was made in the USA and the other one in Germany. Tesla needs to upgrade the Model S to that standard. I'm sure they will , hopefully sooner than later. I would definetly not buy a model S after seeing what they accomplished with the X.

ivengo: Wait... It is possible to pick up a Tesla Motors car at the Service Centers in Texas now? I thought for certain that Tesla wasn't allowed to do direct Deliveries at all there. Many had commented before that their cars were always Delivered by a third party carrier, and that the cars were registered with temporary plates for other States, like California, upon arrival.

By the way, I agree about the Model X. I believe it is destined to become ridiculously popular. Especially here in Los Angeles.

Red Sage, yes it is possible to pick up Tesla from service centers in Austin. I think it was possible for some time.
Also local news station said that Tesla is building a much larger service center in Austin. They are really cramped in what they currently have.

Two weeks ago I had some time and shared my new X with a bunch of folks at the Potomac Mills Supercharger in northern Virginia. Some folks came because they saw my Tesla Forum post and even a few who were passing by on their way to the Potomac Mills Shopping Center. It was the first clear Saturday after our "minor" snow dump was cleared from the roads and the parking lot was crowded.

The Falcon doors got a lot of attention. The comments on the white interior centered on maintainability and positively for the comfort and feel of the seats when sat in. I learned new things about the car from the comments too. The new placement of the washer fluid reservoir opening for top off and the new liquid delivery system through the wipers vice a separate sprayer was received well. While the non-folding second row was mentioned as a negative, folks appreciated the speed of that row's seat movements for easier access to the third row as well as the third row drop down. I set the air suspension for low so people could easily enter and exit the vehicle, but received only one comment on that feature. Folks were impressed with the magnetic attachments for the visors on the windshield as well as the windshield itself.

I had viewed the videos and followed comments from others on the X prior to receiving mine but was still not ready for actually seeing and driving one. I hope they quickly make them available in the service centers so that all can view this awesome vehicle in person.

I think my X might be the most photographed car on the planet....
Yesterday, while doing the 17 mile drive, at each stop I was greeted by at least a dozen tourist eagerly awaiting a chance for a photo...
And yes...as soon as those flacon wing doors come up...you are surrounded....
I believe there is a magnetic attraction device that is activated when the doors go up...
Has anyone been able to find any information on this device : )