Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Sentry Mode files not opening in QuickTime Player

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going through a bunch of files on my USB storage device because I've been getting numerous "event occurred" messages when I return to my car. Some open without issue , but on some, I get the attached message when I try to open the file on my Mac:

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 12.15.18 PM.png

I'm going through a bunch of files on my USB storage device because I've been getting numerous "event occurred" messages when I return to my car. Some open without issue , but on some, I get the attached message when I try to open the file on my Mac:

View attachment 409917
I've only had that happen if I remove the drive without pausing recording first, which seems to corrupt that last files it was writing. Other than that I've never had an issue opening any files. Although some that I have opened have had the green screen.

I've only had that happen if I remove the drive without pausing recording first, which seems to corrupt that last files it was writing. Other than that I've never had an issue opening any files. Although some that I have opened have had the green screen.

You are lucky. Lots of others including myself have had zero length or un-readable files even when very careful about pausing before removing