Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soon to be MY owner essential accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure I will end up getting one for peace of mind, but I honestly don't understand why something that can not be dropped would need a screen protector. I've had a screen on my cars for more than 10 years and, not only I have I never had one get damaged, I don't recall anything ever happening that could have, but didn't, damage the screen.

I got the matte screen protector from Abstract Ocean not for protection, but for usability. It’s hard to overstate how much better the view of the screen is with almost zero glare.

For those who got a screen protector, is it really necessary? I mean, its not like the screen is going to fall and hit the floor? What will possibly scratch it?

Necessary, no.

I installed one (it was 13 bucks on amazon) after reading through a few scenarios where people were cracking the corner of the screen while putting their phone into the charger. Since they were focused on driving, they weren't paying close attention when they would put their phone into the charger and hitting the edge of the screen. I figure for 13 bucks, if it might help prevent that from happening, great.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I was on the “not necessary” side with the screen for the first few weeks I had the car. Then, I lightly hit the bottom of the screen with my phone. No scratch, but I like the piece of mind from having one. The anti-glare is nice, too. I recommend it. Bought mine from Abstract Ocean, btw.

• Helpful
I was on the “not necessary” side with the screen for the first few weeks I had the car. Then, I lightly hit the bottom of the screen with my phone. No scratch, but I like the piece of mind from having one. The anti-glare is nice, too. I recommend it. Bought mine from Abstract Ocean, btw.
I just installed the Matte one from Abstract Ocean yesterday - less glare and fingerprints, worthy addition.

• Helpful
I'm sure I will end up getting one for peace of mind, but I honestly don't understand why something that can not be dropped would need a screen protector. I've had a screen on my cars for more than 10 years and, not only I have I never had one get damaged, I don't recall anything ever happening that could have, but didn't, damage the screen.

I apply a screen saver for glare - however - I dislike fingerprint smudges - so my logic is -- I can safely wipe away the smudges with a screen saver applied - however - if I do that repeatedly on the bare screen I will have micro scratches covering the screen after a while. Ive learned my lesson...

I really love my steering wheel tray from Elon Accessories, especially during the pandemic when I'm spending so much time eating and video conferencing from inside my car. It's priced higher than generic trays on Amazon, but it fits perfectly, has a smooth finish so I don't think it will mess up the steering wheel, and even comes with a really nice pouch.

Car Tray for Tesla Model S/3/X/Y: Instantly turn your car into Office or Restaurant