Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soon to graduate from University... thinking about getting a Model S...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't get into forums because it takes up too much time and is either too polarizing or much of a cult. I only check this site to get updates on the delivery of my vehicle. Nevertheless, after reading this post, I felt the need to provide the observations of an outsider.

Let me begin by saying I am reservation holder 69XX, which means I reserved in January 2012. When I got my time to finalize email in October, I decided to get 40kwh, black, grey leather, pano, tech package, and armor. You know how much that costs? $71K before tax credits.

I lost it when I read about this college student who does not even have a job complain about not being able to get the performance edition. He had the nerve to say he would consider "settling" for the 40kwh. On top of that, he expects to be making $70-80K when he comes out. I'm an attorney who makes six figures, and my 40kwh is still a stretch for me.

That post is representative of the majority of members of this group. The 40kwh Tesla is still a Tesla. It costs more than an entry-level Porsche or Jaguar. When people ask if I have received my car, they do not care about the battery size; they are just excited to know someone who owns a Tesla.

Moreover, the 40kwh Model S still surpasses anything else on the market with regard to range. People who complain about Tesla's range obviously are purchasing a nice-looking car as opposed to purchasing an electric vehicle breakthrough (that's why I have so much respect for Leaf owners). Tesla's must be charged every night, so 40kwh is more than sufficient for daily commutes.

I also am tired of hearing people complain about wait times. It took over 8 months to get my finalize email. I have no sympathy for someone BEHIND me in line who has been delayed.

I grew up in a middle-class home, but was not born with a silver spoon. I know what it means to be grateful. I am 28 and getting a Model S; it does not matter which model or if I get it a few months after people behind me in line. Some of you, dare I say the majority, are clueless as to how good you have it.

For that much, I'd get the 60 kWh with the super charging option, so much more utility for the same price, but that's just me.

People generalizing and stereotyping groups from the comfort of their keyboard over the internet? Say it isn't so... :rolleyes:

duty_calls.png