Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound system glitch for 22 refresh. No bass/immersion sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heading home from work today, I noticed the bass and back speakers were not working. I tried a soft reboot, didn’t fix it.

I adjusted the balance to the back and I can barely hear music, moved to the front and the music sounds flat, no stereo or bass. From reading on google, the amplifier glitches out when sentry mode is enabled. I disabled sentry mode, rebooted again, no fix.

Not sure what else to do besides submitting a ticket. Does anyone know where the amplifier is located? I can try resetting the wires in case something became loose.

Reactions: natebrownohio
Waiting for my appointment in 2 weeks. Reading older threads for 3 and Y seems to be a glitch with software. I noticed if I let the car go into deep sleep with no charging the sound goes back to normal. This seems to only happen if the car sits awake, checking the app or having it charge overnight. Will update if I find out more.

Also, after I got an update Friday night, the whole weekend the sound was perfect. It’s happened twice in a week when the sound goes flat after leaving work. Of course during that time I’m checking the app, I’ll try tmrw letting it sit without disturbing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: natebrownohio
Been a few weeks. Still no complete fix. It's happened at least 1 or 2 times a week. I had support push a current update which fixed it for a few days, but then happened again. I've noticed that after playing YouTube then getting back in the car is when I see this glitch. So I've avoided using the in car app and just streaming YouTube from my phone. So far, past 4 days, no issues. Coincidence?, who knows. Support told me in chat, they're aware of the issue and working on a software fix for the amp.

Hey Chris, similar thing in my 22. Have my own thread here

Did you manage to resolve yours?

Hey Chris, similar thing in my 22. Have my own thread here

Did you manage to resolve yours?
I actually forgot about this issue. It seemed to work itself out a few months back. CS kept telling me it was a software bug, and apparently it was. This issue hasn't happened for quite awhile! I dealt with the issue from April-Julyish. If you're still having issues, just bare with it despite it being a PITA.

Reactions: Dbscal
Well, this has not been fixed yet. Not sure if it is a software or hardware issue. I would periodically notice my bass would go out completely and it would come back on its own after messing with the EQ controls. But rebooting would make the problem go away for a few days. The problem continued to randomly occur across software updates. Yesterday, for the first time, rebooting did not fix it. Bass is completely out for me. I've submitted a service appointment. Right now I am on 2023.2.10. I'm surprised that after all this time Tesla has not pin pointed this common issue and they still think that a software update can fix it.

Heading home from work today, I noticed the bass and back speakers were not working. I tried a soft reboot, didn’t fix it.

I adjusted the balance to the back and I can barely hear music, moved to the front and the music sounds flat, no stereo or bass. From reading on google, the amplifier glitches out when sentry mode is enabled. I disabled sentry mode, rebooted again, no fix.

Not sure what else to do besides submitting a ticket. Does anyone know where the amplifier is located? I can try resetting the wires in case something became loose.
Is this still a problem for you? How did you fix it?

This problem just started for me randomly.

Just noticed this happened to me. Lost pedestrian warning system in the car (no idea why). Did a soft reboot and when it returned it started playing music and scared the life out of me. Was super loud and rich bass. Didn’t realise I had turned it up so much to compensate. Wonder if it was effecting noise cancelling. Will find out tomorrow as haven’t driven it since.

2023 refresh refresh refresh MSP 2023.2.301.

I have an update on my case. Occasionally, when I touch an EQ control, the audio goes out completely for a couple of seconds and only popping sounds are audible. Normal audio returns immediately after that. I can continue to operate the EQ after that. Doesn’t bother me for now because normal audio returns on its own, but this makes me think it could get worse over time.

Just noticed this happened to me. Lost pedestrian warning system in the car (no idea why). Did a soft reboot and when it returned it started playing music and scared the life out of me. Was super loud and rich bass. Didn’t realise I had turned it up so much to compensate. Wonder if it was effecting noise cancelling. Will find out tomorrow as haven’t driven it since.

2023 refresh refresh refresh MSP 2023.2.301.
Noise canceling doesn’t work/is fundamentally broken anyway, so turn it off.

Reactions: chrisdh79