Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound system lost it's "punch" after latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, got 44.2 last night as well no changes. Still a total loss of low-end, the back seats sound terrible and the sub in the trunk is hardly hitting. Even the highs/mids are muddied a bit too - this thing used to be crystal clear and it sounds like really poorly compressed MP3s now. I've tried streaming, USB and my phone all the same song and each sounds flat and lifeless. Ugh!

Yup, got 44.2 last night as well no changes. Still a total loss of low-end, the back seats sound terrible and the sub in the trunk is hardly hitting. Even the highs/mids are muddied a bit too - this thing used to be crystal clear and it sounds like really poorly compressed MP3s now. I've tried streaming, USB and my phone all the same song and each sounds flat and lifeless. Ugh!
Yep.This.

Maybe they had to allocate some processing bandwidth away from audio to autopilot and dash cam...

HERE'S THE FIX!!! BASS AND FULL RICHNESS IS BACK:

1. Do the infotainment center reset: foot on brake, press both steering wheel control wheels and hold them until the Tesla sign reappears.
2. Go to the "Safety and Security" menu. Select "Power Off" (be sure not to open the door or touch the brake for 2 full minutes). After 2 minutes, touch the brake or open the door which turns the system back on.
3. Unpair your bluetooth devices.
4. Enjoy your AWESOME SOUNDS again (check any inputs).
5. Re-pair your bluetooth devices.

THIS SEQUENCE CAN OFTEN REPAIR FALSE POSITIVES WHEN ENCOUNTERING THESE TYPES OF DOWNLOADING ISSUES.

:)

Let me know.................!

1. Do the infotainment center reset: foot on brake, press both steering wheel control wheels and hold them until the Tesla sign reappears.
2. Go to the "Safety and Security" menu. Select "Power Off" (be sure not to open the door or touch the brake for 2 full minutes). After 2 minutes, touch the brake or open the door which turns the system back on.

THIS SEQUENCE CAN OFTEN REPAIR FALSE POSITIVES WHEN ENCOUNTERING THESE TYPES OF DOWNLOADING ISSUES.

Tried this twice. Didn’t work *sigh*

I miss my speakers so dearly

Damn....Suggest to call customer service. This is where I got the sequence through....they walked me through the process. I had previously tried the two wheel reset but it did not work. It was the other two steps that helped correct (off for 2 minutes, deleting all bluetooth devices).

This is what fixed it for me:

1. Hold both scroll wheels until screen goes black
  2. Depress brake pedal and hold scroll wheels until the Tesla T appears on the screen
  3. Navigate to Safety & Security --> Power Off
  4. Wait 2 Minutes without touching anything. You'll hear the car cycle at about 1:45
  5. Activate your door release button and your sound will be back again
Ha.. Aside from the Bluetooth step, that's what they suggested for me when I said the rear vents were blowing hotter air than the front.

• Funny
Reactions: alloverx

Thanks ,I followed everything including opening the door instead of the brake, and it appears the sound system is back to normal.