Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just booked my S and 3 with Roger. He said they had 4 deposits now with mine. If you guys want us to reach tier 3, I would recommend you call in to book an appointment because it sounds like he's about 2 weeks out in availability. We just need 6 more deposits! Please post here if you hear any updates on the number once you chat with him.

what percentage tint is everyone going with? i'm wanting to put 50 on the front but i'm worried about attracting too much attention...wondering if 70 front / 35 back is a safer bet.

also trying to figure out the windshield and whether or not it's worth it to me to do that, since i wear extremely dark polarized sunglasses i'm a little worried about the polka dot rainbow pattern from polarized glasses looking thru tint...for that matter, that is a concern with making the front windows too dark as well.

I called earlier and I believe he has 4 deposits already. Unfortunately he is booked the day I'm picking my the car (1st of Aug) and pretty much booked all next week. I do live approximately 42 miles away, thinking if I should drive there or go to my nearby tint and pay several hundreds of dollars more for the convenience of location. $850 (no windshield) + $300 (front windshield)F1 Stratos .. :(

I called earlier and I believe he has 4 deposits already. Unfortunately he is booked the day I'm picking my the car (1st of Aug) and pretty much booked all next week. I do live approximately 42 miles away, thinking if I should drive there or go to my nearby tint and pay several hundreds of dollars more for the convenience of location. $850 (no windshield) + $300 (front windshield)F1 Stratos .. :(

that actually brings me to another question: how long in the shop for each of these options? i'm about 40 miles away, and getting to and from OC during the day on weekdays is hell depending what time (it's why i scheduled my delivery for noon, hopefullly the 91 won't be too crazy mid day).

that actually brings me to another question: how long in the shop for each of these options? i'm about 40 miles away, and getting to and from OC during the day on weekdays is hell depending what time (it's why i scheduled my delivery for noon, hopefullly the 91 won't be too crazy mid day).

That would probably be a question to call Roger about, saved you a few clicks, here's the number - Rodz Tint shop- (714) 760-4228.

what percentage tint is everyone going with? i'm wanting to put 50 on the front but i'm worried about attracting too much attention...wondering if 70 front / 35 back is a safer bet.

also trying to figure out the windshield and whether or not it's worth it to me to do that, since i wear extremely dark polarized sunglasses i'm a little worried about the polka dot rainbow pattern from polarized glasses looking thru tint...for that matter, that is a concern with making the front windows too dark as well.

Hey Crackers, I actually asked this question to roger, about legality issues, and what is their recommended/what people are going with. I personally am going to go with 70 on the front, and 40 around all the sides. I hope that helps! also my appointment is in 2 hours! I'm gettin jittery.

I'm going with 70% on windshield and glass roof then 40% everywhere else. The next lowest VLT was 20% which is technically only legal on the back half of the car so it's too low for me for the front windows and windshield.

Hey Crackers, I actually asked this question to roger, about legality issues, and what is their recommended/what people are going with. I personally am going to go with 70 on the front, and 40 around all the sides. I hope that helps! also my appointment is in 2 hours! I'm gettin jittery.

i'm leaning towards 70 on the front two windows and 40 on the back side windows and rear windshield. still undecided on the front but i'd probably go 90 on the front windshield if i get it done. they actually have a picture of 70 front 40 back on their instagram and it looks pretty good i think...

I'm happy for everyone!

I came to pick up my Tesla today, and my experience was... less than stellar at Costa mesa. They made me sign tons of paperwork, and pay for the car, before I really even got to see it. I had to refuse delivery. The service people were very nice and understood my concern, the Supervisor... tried to strong arm me into driving it out and said I could loose my deposit if I dont accept my car. There was chips in the front face of the paint and a HUGE panel gap in the back right panel, the other model 3s next to it didn't have the same misalignment gap. Be careful when go to accept your car folks!

I'm happy for everyone!

I came to pick up my Tesla today, and my experience was... less than stellar at Costa mesa. They made me sign tons of paperwork, and pay for the car, before I really even got to see it. I had to refuse delivery. The service people were very nice and understood my concern, the Supervisor... tried to strong arm me into driving it out and said I could loose my deposit if I dont accept my car. There was chips in the front face of the paint and a HUGE panel gap in the back right panel, the other model 3s next to it didn't have the same misalignment gap. Be careful when go to accept your car folks!

this is concerning considering i'm also picking up from costa mesa on monday...curious what color / wheel config did you have? did they give you an estimate on how long now before they'll have another car for you?

I'm happy for everyone!

Oh man, that’s disappointing. Really sorry to hear that.

this is concerning considering i'm also picking up from costa mesa on monday...curious what color / wheel config did you have? did they give you an estimate on how long now before they'll have another car for you?

Thats the scary part, they said that car is mine, they'll try to fix it, but if its "within spec" that I'm kinda SOL, and if want a different one, I lose my $3500. I had the aero rims with the pearl white. No estimate yet. Someone is supposed to call me within 24-48 hours. They REALLY wanted me to take the car and they said they would fix it afterwards.... They were so packed today, my appointment was 30-45 minutes late. Very nice people, just soooo many cars and people, it was like a carrier catapult.

There was minor other stuff, but the paint chips where I could see black, and the back right panel gap... was just too much.