Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just set an appointment and paid my deposit to tint everything. Thank you for setting this up. I originally had an appointment with signature for 1.2k...

I went to Signature originally... and my heart dropped when I heard the price. Its why I found Rodz, and also why I started a group buy. I feel like some business see Tesla, and they see rolling dollar bag signs haha.

Also for some of you who have asked, Roger can Wrap the wood dash piece as well, It will cost $65, if you wish to have that done, if I could edit the original post, I really would clean all my posts up LOL.

$1200 at Signature? wtf? What is he tinting with now, sheets of gold? I had mine done there about 3 months ago with Llumar CTX for $700 (all windows, except sunroof part)

That's the funny part, I messaged people on yelp and reddit and asked them how much they paid at signature (+/- 2 months ago) The price was around what you paid. When I messaged him for a quote, the price was way higher, I politely thanked him for his time and looked elsewhere. He was getting 20+ teslas a week he said, and I speculate that's why he jacked up prices.

And so... I was motivated not to get ripped off... and here we are... The free market at work :p

1200 recently? I was quoted 1060 a few days ago for entire car signature, but 1k seems alot better. with that and chrome delete. Chrome delete is everything, but the the emblems

Edit, also since everyone in this post is from around california what tint shade did you guys go for?
at SG i was planning on CTX 30 all around and Lummar Blue 80 on the shield

With crystalline I was thinking still 30-40 around and 70-90 on the front, might want to try and keep the front windshield as possible. I think 30 on sides are still legal right?

Last edited:
Can somebody post pics and a review if you get PPF or chrome delete done with Rodz? Still on the fence until seeing some actually feedback.

Hoping they add full car ceramic coating too. Makes jo sense to ceramic coat the front half of the car.

Also, has anyone considered trying a brushed black, brushed steel, or brushed titainium metallic vinyl for their chrome delete? I have a white Model 3 and wondering if a less contrasty vinyl then plain black would look more refined.

1200 recently? I was quoted 1060 a few days ago for entire car signature, but 1k seems alot better. with that and chrome delete. Chrome delete is everything, but the the emblems

Edit, also since everyone in this post is from around california what tint shade did you guys go for?
at SG i was planning on CTX 30 all around and Lummar Blue 80 on the shield

With crystalline I was thinking still 30-40 around and 70-90 on the front, might want to try and keep the front windshield as possible. I think 30 on sides are still legal right?

For legal reasons, and cause I really don't want a police ticket.... I was gonna go 70 on the front, since thats the legal limit, and then 40 all around the sides to match. Also I checked my quote from signature just right now, and it was indeed 1060 just like Mistax said. that being said I still rather go with 3M Crystalline for $700 :p I'm going to use the savings to wrap my console cause I hear piano black is terrible with scratches/fingerprints.

Rlee21, at this time I dont think they do ceramic coating all around the car (unless you wrap the whole car), only on the part of the car that is wrapped (since the product they used is only for ceramic coating on top of the wrap). You can call Roger and ask to be sure, or ask if he has any pictures of what you are looking for.

btw, anyone now which film he use for the PPF?

Its in the first post.. but they use 3M Scotchgard Pro with a 10 year warranty and 5 year service guarantee

(the service guarantee, as I understood it, covers anything that happens to the film in the first 5 years.. so if it gets gouged by a rock, they'll replace it for free.. the 10 year warranty covers the regular stuff, like yellowing, hazing, peeling, etc)

do i have to mention this group or name in order to the the group price?
Like a few others have requested, any pics after the tint?
Is it going to be too dark to tint the roof along with the back window?

Yes, just say you would like to be a part of the tesla motor club group buy to Roger and he'll know. If you check their instagram, they have some pics of teslas they have done. The first post has a lot of info guys!

do i have to mention this group or name in order to the the group price?
Like a few others have requested, any pics after the tint?
Is it going to be too dark to tint the roof along with the back window?

Yeah, just call Roger at Rodz in Fountain Valley and tell him you're part of the TMC group buy and which services you want

I tinted my back window with Llumar CTX at 30%. It does darken the top of the back glass, but its not so dark you cant see out the top anymore. The alternative, tinting only up to the factory shaded part on the back window, looks fine from the outside. But from the inside, it just looked incomplete to me. But there are quite a few people on TMC who have only tinted the lower section of the back window.

I didnt tint the sunroof part since I like the glass roof.. but if you went with a medium tint (30% ish), I dont think it'd be too dark either

I tinted my back window with Llumar CTX at 30%. It does darken the top of the back glass, but its not so dark you cant see out the top anymore. The alternative, tinting only up to the factory shaded part on the back window, looks fine from the outside. But from the inside, it just looked incomplete to me. But there are quite a few people on TMC who have only tinted the lower section of the back window.

I didnt tint the sunroof part since I like the glass roof.. but if you went with a medium tint (30% ish), I dont think it'd be too dark either
So are you saying Roger just completed a tint install for you? I have been waiting for a review from someone of the quality of the work before committing.

No, just answering the question about tinting the 'roof' section. I had my car tinted 3 months ago at Signature when I got it.. who apparently raised their prices. If this was going on at the time I definitely would've gone with 3M Crystalline instead