Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern Ontario Tesla Owner's Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm probably the exception, and even Tesla cannot figure out why, but my car loses at least 5% SOC per 24 hours even in ideal weather conditions. Much worse in the cold. I've even tried Energy Savings ON, Always Connected OFF etc. but it doesn't help.

Pretty much any time or it's just not really convenient.
The thing that caused me big vampire losses was smart preconditioning

I'm sure you've turfed that already though...

The thing that caused me big vampire losses was smart preconditioning

I'm sure you've turfed that already though...

Yes, of course.

I provided Tesla Service with detailed information including logs from my sub-meter on the car's charging circuit that showed it coming on every day to "top up" while the car just sat unused with everything off. They ran multiple tests on the battery and systems and could find nothing wrong.

Could it be that the 12V battery is calling for a top up quite often? What is the age of yours? Mine is the original and in the last 24 hours I also had a near 5% range loss while the car is sitting in the drive way.

My 12v battery was replaced a couple of months ago. Had a "Service 12v Battery" message on the dash. I was actually hoping that was it, but there was no difference in vampire loss between my old 12v and the new one. (BTW, this is probably my 3rd or 4th 12v replacement).

My 12v battery was replaced a couple of months ago. Had a "Service 12v Battery" message on the dash. I was actually hoping that was it, but there was no difference in vampire loss between my old 12v and the new one. (BTW, this is probably my 3rd or 4th 12v replacement).
My 2007 Camry Hybrid with 300k+ kms. still have original 12V battery and brakes. After buying Leaf, Camry sat around 6 months on the driveway in winter and still came to life with no assistance. Even the Leaf after leaving for a month unattended/unplugged in winter had almost negligible(<10%) loss in SOC. I am surprised why Tesla could not contain this loss. Once mainstream automotive manufacturer have EV available, Tesla will have no grounds to stand on.

My 2007 Camry Hybrid with 300k+ kms. still have original 12V battery and brakes

Funny you say that. I have a 2007 Pontiac Vibe with about 250,000 km which is also on it's original factory 12v battery. It's parked outside too. In the cold weather we've been having, I keep expecting my wife to come in saying the car won't start, but so far, so good (he says, knocking on wood!)

Funny you say that. I have a 2007 Pontiac Vibe with about 250,000 km which is also on it's original factory 12v battery. It's parked outside too. In the cold weather we've been having, I keep expecting my wife to come in saying the car won't start, but so far, so good (he says, knocking on wood!)
Great, your Vibe was made in the same plant as Model S. I hoping it would share some DNA with Toyota, a month in to ownership still too soon to say.

WTF?! Just heard an anti-Tesla story on CBC World at 6, and they interviewed members of the Ontario Tesla Motors Club. It was "Tesla is burning to the ground, but here's some deluded believers" in tone.

WTF?! Just heard an anti-Tesla story on CBC World at 6, and they interviewed members of the Ontario Tesla Motors Club. It was "Tesla is burning to the ground, but here's some deluded believers" in tone.
CBC was at our chapter meeting. It is an Aaron Saltzman piece - but he wasn't at the meeting. They filmed some of the meeting, and interviewed many. I was just sent an audio link (I haven't listened to it yet), and we were promised a video link at the meeting. I guess I should listen to it.

I suspect we'll post the links shortly

edit
I listened to it (about 14:45 into the news story). It's a bit of a slam at the financial and production issues with Tesla, and the Ontario club supporting Elon's vision.
John Dixon (our club President) does have a brief quote, but most of the other interviews were scrapped, I guess.

The video should be on the National tonight

Audio link: CBC News: The World at Six | CBC News: World at Six for 2018/04/17 at 20:30 EDT

Last edited:
Southern Ontario Tesla Owners Club?

Great news!

I will soon be gettting my Tesla 3 and would like to join.
Any link available?
Tesla Owners Club – Ontario

Click the join button on the page. There is a $50 fee to join.....

Our next meeting is at the University of Waterloo, WISE (Waterloo Institute for Sustainable Energy) on May 1
Welcome to the club!