Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern Ontario Tesla Owner's Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. Both the camera and the LED are flickering. Here you can learn more about the Wagon Wheel Effect ;-)

Wagon-wheel effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the explanation on the flickering lights. I didn't know why the iphone picked up the lights like that.
Actually, the car in front of me didn't have his lights flash on and off too often. He was really good at just slowing down slowly.

Where was I? At Tesla getting my TPMS and a door handle fixed.

Curious about your TPMS error. I have had continuous problems with TPMS Error messages. Service has so far replaced the receiver, applied a TSB that involves a new remote antenna for increased sensitivity and replaced all 4 wheel sensors, but I still get error messages daily. What problem did you have and what did they do, if you don't mind my asking?

I had the same problems you described. Basically the warning was on all the time. They replaced a couple of the antennas and a sensor and so far (2 days) I am warning free.

Thanks. Before I would get the warning as soon as the car came to life, but now, after the most recent repairs, it happens after a half hour or so of highway driving, then shuts off as I exit the highway and slow down.

I suspect it's the wheel sensors even though all 4 have been replaced. The reason I say this is because I bought after-market rims and sensors from Tire Rack for summer use and have not had a hint of trouble when they're on the car. My winter tires are mounted to the stock Tesla 19" rims with the sensors that came with the car. If not that, then maybe temperature has something to do with it.

It's just a minor annoyance, but I wish there was a way to "clear" the warning after it appears. As it works now, I have the warning constantly displayed below the speedo, with throbbing yellow triangle and all.

I had the "service tire sensor system" (or similar) about two months ago running my winter TireRack 19" rims with aftermarket sensors - all from TireRack.com. Tesla Toronto replaced some antennas (longer ones I believe) and haven't had the warning since. I recall similar issue last summer with stock 21" rims from Tesla and I had to keep adding a bit of air to each tire a little at a time. Eventually fixed itself with air.

I think we should organize a rally to the Detroit Auto show next year for two reasons.
First, the Comber SC will be finished, and secondly, will no doubt be the launch of the Model X.
It will be a piece of cake (carrot) getting there an back and plenty of accommodation in Windsor if Detroit is sold out or not deemed safe enough.
Thoughts?

I think we should organize a rally to the Detroit Auto show next year for two reasons.
First, the Comber SC will be finished, and secondly, will no doubt be the launch of the Model X.
It will be a piece of cake (carrot) getting there an back and plenty of accommodation in Windsor if Detroit is sold out or not deemed safe enough.
Thoughts?

Great idea. It's a bit early for firm commitment but count me in.

Tranmere move update

I dropped my car off at Tranmere SC to get the tpms sensor error fixed as well as a few other things. Hopefully they can fix it this time since I've had that error back to Oct 1.
It was in a few times, and I think they have replaced almost everything to do with the sensors.

I found out that the move of the service centre which was expected to be this summer has been postponed. They will still be moving to Burlington/Oakville , but no definite timeframe now. The reason for choosing Burlington/Oakville is that each SC should have an 80 km service zone. So right now Lawrence and Tranmere overlap a lot.

On another note, the loaner I received is a green p85. I am surprised that there are any green cars that they have left. (It only has 11k km on it).

Last edited:
I found out that the move of the service centre which was expected to be this summer has been postponed. They will still be moving to Burlington/Oakville , but no definite timeframe now. The reason for choosing Burlington/Oakville is that each SC should have an 80 km service zone. So right now Lawrence and Tranmere overlap a lot.

On another note, the loaner I received is a green p85. I am surprised that there are any green cars that they have left. (It only has 11k km on it).

Based on the last Tesla Motors conference call I speculate they are scaling back new service centre openings a little (I can't remember if they mentioned this specifically). This area is probably not a priority given it is already being served. Who knows, maybe they can't find the ideal building. I've made this suggestion before but the perfect spot would be the former Towne Chevrolet building on Trafalgar and QEW which is sitting mostly empty with a Gears bike shop in it. It would be excellent exposure as everybody drives by it on the way to downtown Oakville, and it is large to handle future volume growth...plus it's close to me!:biggrin:

I am still having problems with my tire sensors too.

I found out that the move of the service centre which was expected to be this summer has been postponed. They will still be moving to Burlington/Oakville , but no definite time.

It's interesting how we all get (or hear) different answers on this. What I was told is that whether or not a new Service Center opens up further west, no decision about Tranmere has yet been made. In other words, it might not be a "move" but rather just another new Center opening up.

Folks our next meeting would normally be in a few weeks. I am going to postpone it until April.
The meeting room we have been using at Fortino's has been closed so we will probably switch to the Maple location which is east of the 400. By then the weather should also be much nicer. We will discuss our potential get together in Unionville.
FYI Eli has confirmed that we are also welcome to hold a BBQ this summer at the Lawrence location.
John